Fisher Impulse AQ Discrimination Explanation

Steve i like that one:

As long as you can find junk gold still can be found

This is what i am trying to prove myself at the moment where i search( Kent beaches UK) ,le Jag has been advising me ,so far i am still finding junk and i became a PI addict.........deep holes ,craters if you like chasing the deep whispers,with my Old Goldscan 5c optimised by Alexandre .

RR

• Like 3

HI Guys!

I pull out deep targets with my Garrett ATX on the beach. i managed to get about 14-15 inches on targets, but after digging almost 15 inches down which takes out all my energy  it turns out to be big chunck of iron,because ATX can't tell if its iron at that depth.The question is if the AQ can tell if that deep target is iron chunck so I dont have to digg unnecesseray? I know i should digg out all targets on the beach but at that depth all the time is almost impossible.

The next big advancement in PI is going to be AI("I’m sorry Dave, I’m afraid I can’t do that").  And you can tell your grandchildren that you read about it here!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Via Temperature sensors, Accelerometers, and Magnetometers etc the detector will learn about it's environment.  EMI, ground noise etc all handled behind the scene.  And I have a sneaking suspicion that there is code already being tested below the Equator.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

We find a multitude of detectors on the market, with more and more sensors, but nothing evolves on fundamental research.

There is no point in having various sensors if these are gagets and does nothing for the 6 points mentioned above.

AI must be designed at a very low technological level (in the fundamental)

Don't forget the target :

A detector is designed to find always more and more easily by taking pleasure in it.

The rest is of little use. 

• Like 2

I really don't see myself needing discrimination on the "AQ" at several of the beach's I hunt. I've found that "In the water" the Ocean, or Bay is constantly classifying  the targets. Sand is constantly moving, targets are moving  by weight, size and shape. There are areas where heavier targets have settled but then it's just a matter of knowing the area and watching for the right signs/targets and Sand movement. Then digging all. Going to be a interesting year once we see a few "AQ's" in action, specially here in the states where competition can be intense. Come on "AQ" 

• Like 6

Being a scuba diver and hunting only underwater for gold, I'm thinking more to another aspect than the discrimination.

Assuming a really clear sand with next to zero mineralization and low GB , how can we manage to use the pulse delay to 7ms in saltwater?

I just hope there will be a serious interference elimination system to avoid to be forced in raising it up to 11.5 if not over... (which is actually what I do to keep stable and quiet my TDI Beachhunter with a DD coil)...

Also, the brake effect of the coil bolts area is another doubt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I really don't see myself needing discrimination on the "AQ" at several of the beach's I hunt. I've found that "In the water" the Ocean, or Bay is constantly classifying  the targets. Sand is constantly moving, targets are moving  by weight, size and shape. There are areas where heavier targets have settled but then it's just a matter of knowing the area and watching for the right signs/targets and Sand movement. Then digging all. Going to be a interesting year once we see a few "AQ's" in action, specially here in the states where competition can be intense. Come on "AQ" 

I'm with you Joe, it's about site selection and dig dig dig. I have to be honest I just want a new toy. It needs to have raw power and decent ergonomics, and I'm seeing both here. So a new toy, and better yet something actually new from a company I have been wanting to root for but have not had good reason in some time. It's hard to understand why the old Impulse went away so many years ago and was never replaced, but that's all water under the bridge now. This is still analog and it will be exciting to see where it goes with the leap to digital and the advanced signal processing that is then possible. Many of us believe some audio nuance gets lost with digital signal processing however so I am sure a last go at analog before making that leap will be just fine with a lot of people. Anyway Joe I'm looking forward to comparing AQ notes with you. Thanks for joining the forum.

• Like 4

I am definitely on board with the AQ. For years I water hunted with the Infinium while living in the Adirondack Mountains of NY. Loads of iron ore and concentrated black sand on many of the beaches. My backup machine was an Excalibur, but head to head comparisons of the two with the black sand issue had me using the Infinium solely. Digging it all was my way of life. Then I jumped on the ATX and with its power I was digging deeper gold rings along with just about everything else. Took it to Arizona and immediately found nuggets in old worked patches. Unfortunately 2 coil wire problems within the first year had me selling it right after the warranty expired. So now I wait on the new AQ and will be digging the extra mile.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, LowTide said:

The next big advancement in PI is going to be AI("I’m sorry Dave, I’m afraid I can’t do that").  And you can tell your grandchildren that you read about it here!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Via Temperature sensors, Accelerometers, and Magnetometers etc the detector will learn about it's environment.  EMI, ground noise etc all handled behind the scene.  And I have a sneaking suspicion that there is code already being tested below the Equator.

Definitely the case...I suspect Minelab already has a range of advanced prototype technology that can be brought to market whenever the need arises. Their R&D budget is...........a lot.

Tony 

2 hours ago, okara gold said:

Unfortunately 2 coil wire problems within the first year had me selling it right after the warranty expired. So now I wait on the new AQ and will be digging the extra mile.

Honestly a real shame Garrett never fully exploited the ATX circuit by hobbling it with a 7 lb box and a crazy coil design. I’ve screamed for years for an ATX that looks like the Impulse. All to the benefit of First Texas however so too bad for the neighbors in Garland. My incredibly crappy cut and paste “prototype” LTX from 2014.....

image.jpeg

• Like 5