800 Sticker On My 600

Larry Wayne

Hello, brand new to the hobby, first post. So I ordered and received my 600 from Kellyco the other day. After using it for a bit I realized the backlight has many levels of adjustment. I turned it over and saw the “Equinox 800” sticker on the shaft. It does not have the gold mode or 20 & 40 kHz single frequency modes.  So it’s like they ran of 600’s, and just grabbed an 800 and disabled the 800 features manually but left the multi backlight enabled. I haven’t checked any other 600/800 features. Has anyone else seen this? 
Thank you. 

Does it have another button on the right side under the Wifi button. If not, it is a 600

The latest software update added an extra backlight setting for the 600

Jeff

• Like 2

You have an Equinox 600. There are no stickers on the shaft unless somebody at Kellyco placed one there. Bottom line is the wrong sticker on the shaft does not change what the detector is. The detector says which model it is right on the front under the display, and as Jeff pointed out the 600 does not have a User Profile button under the WiFi button.

minelab-equinox-600-controls-lcd-display-pod.jpg
Minelab Equinox 6000 display and controls

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Larry Wayne said:

Hello, brand new to the hobby, first post. So I ordered and received my 600 from Kellyco the other day. After using it for a bit I realized the backlight has many levels of adjustment. I turned it over and saw the “Equinox 800” sticker on the shaft. It does not have the gold mode or 20 & 40 kHz single frequency modes.  So it’s like they ran of 600’s, and just grabbed an 800 and disabled the 800 features manually but left the multi backlight enabled. I haven’t checked any other 600/800 features. Has anyone else seen this? 
Thank you. 

I could be wrong here, only had my 800 a couple weeks.  But have read and watched everything I can find on the NOX.  I believe the latest update to the series gave the 600 the multi back lighting option.  

• Like 1

Then that explains it! Thank you! (No, there is no profile button) but yes, the sticker on the bottom of the shaft right next to where the grip mounts says “Equinox800” I guess that threw me off for some reason. I’m not disappointed at all, My biggest concern if it was an 800 was that someone else who paid for an 800 would wind up with my 600. Or that I somehow got a fake product. 
Thanks again everyone!

I pulled a whole bag full of bullets, casings, an unfired cartridge, lots of can slaw, a hacksaw blade, some modern coins, a nail, and a couple strange aluminum discs out of my backyard today! All treasures! (Except the can slaw of course) 

-Larry

• Like 2