Return From Caribbean With Nox & A Little Gold

I would be very happy with that kind of finds.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Return From Caribbean With Nox & A Little Gold

Maybe not what you were expecting/hoping Gerry, but NICE finds, in any case!

Steve

• Like 2

Gerry,

I would be happy with those for the year!! I'll gladly take the leftovers your not happy with!!🤣👍

• Like 3

Great finds that you have and I am sorry that you are disappointed with your trip, but as so many of us have said I would have loved to have found only half of that.

Great job and better luck in the future.

• Like 1

Steve H.  Yes I too feel those days are over.  The gold (be it in jewelry or nuggets) is getting harder to find.  Waterproof detectors are easily under $1000 and even the ones that can handle salt water well (as you know many can't, even though they are waterproof).   Yes the TV shows YouTube (including my own videos from years past) and better pricing is allowing more people the desire to do it.

Yes the tungsten, stainless and titanium rings are now so popular many of my sites are 50/50, I get 1 gold for 1 modern metal, but the problem as you know is the market value for those modern metals is nothing.

Guess us old timers will have to learn to adapt.

I've had many 10+ gold rings trips with a few 15+ and even a monster trip where a buddy and I killed it with over 7 ounces.  I'll try to find the photos and do a post this winter when things are slow.

• Like 3

I think you did great! In Mex, I usually get 7-9 gold rings a 3 month season. Working at least 20 hours a week. I also get 1-4 gold chains too. So for that short of time period and not being able to read the beach better, again, I think you did GREAT!

PS I am easily pulling 1-3 gold ring for every "other" metal. In fact his year I will do a break down of the gold rings to others. With chains it is even worse.  

Dave

• Like 1

11 hours ago, midalake said:

I think you did great! In Mex, I usually get 7-9 gold rings a 3 month season. Working at least 20 hours a week. I also get 1-4 gold chains too. So for that short of time period and not being able to read the beach better, again, I think you did GREAT!

PS I am easily pulling 1-3 gold ring for every "other" metal. In fact his year I will do a break down of the gold rings to others. With chains it is even worse.  

Dave

Dave,  I'm assuming you spend a 3 month winter in MX?  Are you using a PI machine?  Ye it is always nice to hear of others Success and gold to other ratio.  Keep us posted.