Treasure Coast.... Not!(at Least For Me Lol)

IdahoPeg

Lot of good info on the last link there .

Thanks John

• Like 1

FloridaSon,

Ā  I read treasure guides report everyday! AndĀ i like your updated profile pic! I know that location well! I try to get up that way as often as i can, but its never enough! Hope i run into you sometime!

Happy HuntingšŸ’°šŸ–

Well guys, update on that silvery sandwich. I volunteer sometimes at The McLarty Treasure Museum and one of the professional treasure hunters came in today. I showed him my find, and he feels it is definitely two 1/2,Ā or possibly 1 reales,Ā stuck together. When I showed him this pic of theĀ fiber pattern that had been on one of the sidesĀ before I cleaned it, he scolded me bigtime! I learned a valuable lesson...donā€™t go overboard with the cleaning. Apparently these small coinsĀ were in fabric sacks, and I erased the history there. But at least I think I finally found some Spanish silver....now I need one that still has its markings!

03A19185-D35A-4709-A734-146A4BC61E0B.thumb.jpeg.7a5c4198e117063ebce24c0461b2a991.jpeg

• Like 8

Great find Peg,

Keep it up! It's still a piece of history, even without the cross! I'm still looking for mine!šŸ‘šŸ‘

• Thanks 1

Great find Peg!

Grab a picture frame and put it behind glass and hang that beauty on the wall.

I am glad that it was not a battery like I had found.

Keep up the good work.

• Thanks 1

On 12/26/2019 at 7:36 PM, IdahoPeg said:

...but I was more excited about the old nail...maybe from one of the shipwrecks?

Well, if that's not part of an early ship's construction I'd like to know where it comes from.Ā  Thanks for sharing, Peg, and I'm glad to see you are in the warm region of the USA.Ā  I hope this is just the early part of your finds postings from your winter home.

On 12/28/2019 at 3:18 PM, IdahoPeg said:

Well guys, update on that silvery sandwich. I volunteer sometimes at The McLarty Treasure Museum and one of the professional treasure hunters came in today. I showed him my find, and he feels it is definitely two 1/2,Ā or possibly 1 reales,Ā stuck together. When I showed him this pic of theĀ fiber pattern that had been on one of the sidesĀ before I cleaned it, he scolded me bigtime! I learned a valuable lesson...donā€™t go overboard with the cleaning. Apparently these small coinsĀ were in fabric sacks, and I erased the history there. But at least I think I finally found some Spanish silver....now I need one that still has its markings!

Way to go, Peg!Ā  Any silver is a good find in my book.Ā  Any old coin is a good find in my book.Ā  And you've captured both in spades!

Yes, I constantly harp about cleaning, but the reality is that it's a very difficult subject which I have yet to figure out.Ā  I'll make that one of my 2020 New Year's resolutions and of course share what I find.

Ā 

• Thanks 1