Has Anyone Used The Rnb Hp3100 Battery?

Jesse

I'm thinking about getting a TDI sl and I have read about doing battery mods to achieve a higher voltage. This battery is only 12 volts but being li-ion it will maintain 12v for longer. Does anyone have any experience with this particular one? 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.amazon.com/RnB-Innovations-HP-3100-Lithium-ion-Detectors/dp/B00LXBWB6Q&ved=2ahUKEwju1Y3o3NTmAhX3GjQIHXcpAh8QFjABegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw0BCc0ZVlS3nhsHmuE0gszj&cshid=1577412259463

Screenshot_20191226-181521_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Jesse the RNB HP3100 is a system using three 18650 cells, fully charged it peaks at roughly 12.5 volts. An excellent well made product that is ideal for many White's metal detectors. You are fortunate to have many excellent and cheaper options.. perhaps better ones when looking at the Tdi SL.

The 'orange pack' uses three 18650 cells, but you have to remove them from the pack and use a charger. Good if you want to put fresh cells in out in the field or update the cells. Cheap and decent quality made in Ukraine, still on fleabay.. Equal performance to the RNB. The AW2200 is the older version of the RNB HP3100, well made and reliable. Ideal for my MXT and XL PRO, but I have explored other options on the Tdi SL..

There are battery packs and modifications to the White's pack online, 9 x aa, 10 x aaa, 4 x 18650. Again spoilt for choice, so I suggest going through this forum and others, research is key here. Good luck Jesse.

Karelian

1567336371_battery5.jpg

1484657296_battery4.jpg

1484553662_battery_3.jpg

1484553626_battery_1.jpg

1484553641_battery_2.jpg

IMG_1286 (1).JPG

• Like 4

The RNB battery pack and charger is a great product that works in several Whites detectors. With the TDI SL, if you are thinking of going as deep as possible and with as much sensitivity as possible on smaller targets like .5 gram gold nuggets or really deep silver or relics, I would seriously consider modifying a TDI SL blue label battery hold into a 4 cell 18650 home made modification like in the photo above. I made my own and it works great. It can be done much cheaper than the RNB option and have more raw power. My mod cost me $54 US including 4 Panasonic 18650s and an appropriate Tenergy charger. Go with quality, do not by cheap knock off cells or a cheap charger. You need 18650s that will not short out/over heat when charging and a charger with a voltage readout.

Jeff

• Like 4