Fisher Impulse AQ Unboxing & First Photos

22 minutes ago, Rick Kempf said:

There wasn’t much to the unboxing - pull out the inner sleeve from the plain brown cardboard box and unroll it - viola. I have posted pictures of the result.

A video would add nothing and with the primitive state of my understanding of editing video would take me hours which I can’t spare right now.

Sorry.

In general, I don’t plan to make any videos until I am thoroughly comfortable with the AQ and can adequately demonstrate its capabilities and limitations.

i will start making videos
in a few days
I expect a quality external speaker
for audio output / and make you hear the different tones

in the meantime, here are two
one already seen and a glimpse of the depth on black sand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubQ8sMSADSE

I am not a filmmaker! .....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LE.JAG said:

i will start making videos
in a few days
I expect a quality external speaker
for audio output / and make you hear the different tones

in the meantime, here are two
one already seen and a glimpse of the depth on black sand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubQ8sMSADSE

Le. Jag,

Can you make a video of a real time beach hunt?  One where you are detecting on a beach just like anyone else and film a real live gold ring dig?  I know everyone loves to see piles of gold rings that you have already dug, but a real live dig on the beach would probably convince more detectorist that the Impulse AQ is much better than any other beach detector on the market as they would see it like they were detecting it themselves.  

Thanks,

Joe

• Like 3

Now all us goldfield 'nuts' will be eagerly awaiting the Gold prospecting version of this..... please....anything to give Minelab a run for its money and bring some sanity to pricing 😁

• Like 4

On 1/4/2020 at 3:31 PM, Aureous said:

bring some sanity to pricing 😁

And ergonomics! I hope they don't just make a version of the waterproof detector but go back to the S rod and maybe even ditch waterproof to save more weight. Probably not though simply as using the same components as are already being made makes sense and it would hardly save any weight anyway. But the three piece S rod looks great for dry land and is easy enough.

fisher-research-impulse-aq-metal-detector.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Steve Herschbach said:

And ergonomics!

Yes! Something that ML seem to have forgotten about.....seems that the Impulse AU will only be a competitor to the SDC2300....similar projected price too, which is a pity  😒

On 1/4/2020 at 6:52 PM, LE.JAG said:

HAHA,  you think ? 😄 
Et les claquettes elles sont où ? lol (where the slaps shoes ?). 
Nony 

The AQ is NOT a competitor to the SDC. It is not optimized for searching for gold nuggets in highly variable mineralization ground. 

Having said that, it will kick the SDC’s butt at finding gold jewelry at salt beaches - or my name is. Not Wolf J. Flywheel.  seriously - horses for courses, SDC for small nuggets in the goldfields - AQ for gold jewelry at the beach - no contest either way.

However, when the “Terra” (almost certainly having another “Fisher” name) appears, then the SDC will have to face some new competition.

If it doesn’t let kick SDC’s butt, on ALL gold, I will buy the first “claimchowder” claimant a good Mexican lunch at my favorite place in Globe, Arizona (to and from transportation from Gold Canyon AZ included)

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/arizona/az-mexican-food-globe/

My favorite is La Casita - started in ‘47 - same as me!

• Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 3:45 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Ergo at 4.5 lbs or less should be way better than the 5.6 lb SDC and in the U.S. price should be better but given FT pricing in Oz you may be out of luck as regards price down under.

I very much fear you are correct....