Fisher Impulse AQ Unboxing & First Photos

Here are two videos of an SDC unable to get a response on a 14K gold rope chain at the beach except on the clasp. The 2nd video has the speaker in action on the SDC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVRUtDeWED8&feature=youtu.be

http://youtu.be/QWDNXBWYnX0

If you tune out saltwater you will tune out thin chains. That is just a fact of saltwater detecting and no new detector is going to change it. A detector that will detect the chain will detect the saltwater. Tune out the saltwater, can’t detect the chain. There is a reason you don’t use a Gold Bug 2 in saltwater. I tried to explain that a dozen times with the Equinox and some people absolutely refused to listen. Every new machine it seems people think we are going to revoke the rules of physics that govern this technology. It will be no different with the AQ.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps a Spreadsheet showing the differences and similarities of ground response, target response, and target depth etc. between the new detector and the other Foster variants could be provided.  I am sure that during development many comparisons were made versus those older units and recorded in a scientific manner.  And since this unit is so close to official release there should be little risk in providing that information.  I'm sure potential customers that are TDI owners would like to see a clear and simple presentation to assist in a purchasing decision.  As opposed to scattered postings with information being provided in a stream of consciousness format.

Come on Steve, 

We don't need to obey the law's of physics; remember???

We have unicorns and fairy dust!!!    🦄🧚‍♀️ 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

You are probably wondering why I haven’t been sharing experiences of using the AQ here in Gold Canyon. Good question.

After New Years, it became clear that some relatively minor modifications to the production configuration of the AQ were going to be made in order for it to meet all the certification tests required to meet the requirements of each of the required agencies.

In conversation with Tim Mallory, I agreed that the best course of action was for my AQ to be retuned to El Paso and returned to me when it was identical to the final production configuration.

Add to that, the fact that I spent last weekend and a good part of this week in a local hospital enjoying “bowel rest” after an intestinal blockage, and I have been pretty “non-productive” - lol - (that was the problem, anyway!!!).

Everything is fine now with me but my AQ is still with the crew in El Paso.

Meanwhile, the days are sunny, but the evenings are chilly - I’m enjoying Long walks in the sunny mornings and relaxing evenings watching the fire warm the living room, burning the dead palo verde, mesquite and Ironwood that I gather in the desert. Most of it was cut years ago by the power company when they removed trees from under their transmission lines. 

FAE42B41-EF9B-4EF7-82AB-F610A9073FCD.jpeg

• Like 7

I'm sorry for what happened to Rick, but I'm glad it has already been fixed.  Prospecting is in the background.  first you have to look for yourself

Im glad you are feeling better Rick. Thanks for the update. Sounds like with certification tests pending etc. I will get in with life and tune back in when Fisher makes an official announcement. Still ice and snow on the ground here so I’m not holding my breath and stomping my feet! :smile:

Sorry to hear about the health problems Rick!

On the plus side, that will lose you a few pounds for the New Year's resolution! But i'm sure that is not the preferred method!😁 We can wait!! 

Love the fireplace, wish we had need of one here in Florida!👍👍