Fisher Impulse AQ Unboxing & First Photos

19 minutes ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

I can see Luis's point about it falling and doing some damage.  Like setting against the truck while getting ready and it slides along the fender hitting the ground!  I know, that's going to be my problem (because I've done it dozens of times before) and I now know of it up front,  but just saying he does have a point.  Wish that earphone cable wasn't coming straight out the back, but maybe doing a 90 degree angle to take the pressure off the wire.  Not complaining, just observing here.  Thanks all for the on going questions.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

I always take the time to rest the detector on the ground.......on the hard ground, my dive boots make for a great pillow for detectors. 👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rick Kempf said:

Tony - I think it will beat the TDIBH but we must wait for side-by-side testing by users - the ground truth. Alexandre and his team have already done all this but - like I said - wait for the users to report.

About your grandmother - how old is she - got any recent photos - I live in “Snow Bird Central” - maybe a local Craigslist her would do? Iol

If it does then there will be no one happier than me.......wish the Aussie dollar was stronger against the US dollar 💵 

If you need any Aussie testers then just let me know.....assuming I’m still alive after granny reads this thread 😳

Tony

If it goes exactly as deep as a TDIBH and truly eliminates even half the trash a TDIBH would have me digging I'll be happy. More depth is a bonus I'll happily accept. :smile:

The battery cable could have been more elegant, but it does allow for the possibility of a larger capacity battery belt mounted and connected by a curly cable. The headphone connection I am happy comes out under the elbow instead of out of the front of the pod as is the case with so many underwater detectors.

I think all of us who have leaned detectors against vehicles have experienced them falling over. Yet I admit I still do it - go figure. :laugh:

fisher-research-impulse-aq-metal-detector.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Tony said:

If it does then there will be no one happier than me.......wish the Aussie dollar was stronger against the US dollar 💵 

If you need any Aussie testers then just let me know.....assuming I’m still alive after granny reads this thread 😳aa

Tony

Poor Granny I am feeling sorry for her! But as you know the old always keep the money under their mattress, check it out maybe their is your treasure for buying your AQ Manta!!

• Haha 1

Rick,

Keep up the good work! I'm sure Fisher will be tracking the input and comments by you, and others here that are a known quantity! 

Any useful and/or constructive criticism, I'm sure, Fisher will carefully consider!

I look forward to any imput you have on this unit! Thanks!!👍👍

That machine will sure be a collectable! Awesome opportunity you have, I am sure you will do great with it. Too bad people are jealous and resort to personal attacks. Gather all the great finds and send that person a pic to rub it in 🙂

• Haha 1

I had a long conversation with the designer, Alexandre yesterday which began with him taking me through all the controls and then running a series of tests to verify that the machine I OWN is within specs. It is. We then “qualified” a 2.5 gram 14k thin ladies ring as my standard test target which I will use along with a US 5 cent piece and other targets in my investigations. 

C3E82168-4B51-40F0-8AC6-A258AF7CE31A.jpeg

• Like 5