The Impulse AQ has a volume control. The headphones are not the ones Fisher has used for a long time on the 1280X and CZ-21. They look more like the DetectorPro Amphibian without external volume control than anything else I have seen. Should be a great fit, and hopefully we for once will get an underwater detector that has excess volume enough for underwater use.

The headphones have a unique but easily obtainable three pin connector so aftermarket phones should be quick to follow. As will some kind of dongle to convert to 1/4” so we can use dry land headphones or wireless adapters. Fisher would be smart to make the dongle available themselves but we will see. Photos by Rick Kempf, click for larger views.

fisher-impulse-aq-underwater-headphones.jpgfisher-impulse-aq-underwater-headphone.jpg

• Like 1

No doubt the GGA ll's, a very good choice and I might say the best for what is out there.. Be interesting to how much more we can squeeze from the "AQ" with a set of custom phones. Maybe even running a Doc's Audio amp with the "AQ" in all metal. From watching the one video I sure see it working. Can't wait to play with it, not only tinkering but hunting.

• Like 4

Alexandre, Thank You, I will be excited to check out the changes on the detectorpro audio headset since I helped design and test them in 2012/2013. Originally designed for the Garrett UW series detectors I was more excited once Carter and Barry gave me the Ok to test them on the Excaliburs, which we sold 100's of them once we seen how well they worked. And Now to end up on the "Impulse AQ" !! 

Another set that I'll be excited about testing on the Impulse "AQ" for all metal hunting only. This is going to be fun...

OBN0102.jpg

DSC_7337 (2).jpg

• Like 3

I remember the first GGA Joe..... we used a LOT of hot glue lol.   I still have a pair and mine sound very good.   That 3 pin connector..... is two pins jumped inside the battery box?   Does the machine being Analog make a difference on which is best a Piezo or AudioSear speaker?   Joe..... thats a great thought on Docs amp especially if this machine is more quiet than we have been used to.   I thought GG was to expensive..... plus modification.... did that change?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

I remember the first GGA Joe..... we used a LOT of hot glue lol.   I still have a pair and mine sound very good.   That 3 pin connector..... is two pins jumped inside the battery box?   Does the machine being Analog make a difference on which is best a Piezo or AudioSear speaker?   Joe..... thats a great thought on Docs amp especially if this machine is more quiet than we have been used to.   I thought GG was to expensive..... plus modification.... did that change?

Those first GGA's were a joke. I got the first two sets to test along with Gary Storms AT Pro. They gave me special instructions, don't mess Gary's machine up...I took the 2 sets of GGA's and threw them in the pool and let them set overnight, under 8 foot. We all know how that went...both leaked, the china factor swore it was because they were flown over in a non pressurized compartment on the plane.

Doc's amp rocked in PP on the excalibur..If the "AQ" is as "Silent as they say Between the Skullie tubes and Doc's amp I know we can get a lot more out of it..... in all metal only. " check out my 2012 video of docs amp on a 8 inch excalibur..air test but it gives a good idea of what we are listening for when we swing...the target audio does not stop on deep target on the excalibur, they are there but way below our hearing range...a good set of phones will open up a area unheard with regular HP's..I'm hoping the same holds true with the Impulse "AQ"....

Another test I want to run once we have a "AQ" is to see if it has any Hot spots on the coil. Checking the send fields reach and see if there are any blank/weaker areas of the send field. This test helped me realizing that the send field strongest point is kind of small  on the excalibur....So to get the deepest targets coil control is very important in area's that have the highest chance of holding old deep gold. To hear the send field a Audiosears 2463 speaker is used only

• Like 2

Man Joe...... makes me wonder about the MDT with the Doc amp???   What kind of depth gain do you realize on your Xcals?   Are you using the amp full time?    IF its as quit as it appears it could clean up some of the weak signals.... the quieter the better.    I believe Docs amp may be a great add on to a PI.   It could be interesting to see on the gold right that at the penny range .... and high K, if it can pick up those on that fringe.   You have a great set up for testing Joe... how do you manage to keep the EMI level down

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Man Joe...... makes me wonder about the MDT with the Doc amp???   What kind of depth gain do you realize on your Xcals?   Are you using the amp full time?    IF its as quit as it appears it could clean up some of the weak signals.... the quieter the better.    I believe Docs amp may be a great add on to a PI.   It could be interesting to see on the gold right that at the penny range .... and high K, if it can pick up those on that fringe.   You have a great set up for testing Joe... how do you manage to keep the EMI level down

Thanks Dew.......I remember years ago Doc wrote, With the treasure amp on your PI........ your separating the threshold from the target volume. Pulling the threshold to the far left,..........then the target volume to the far right. Uncovering target normally covered by the threshold. 

The funny thing is we have a detector that is going to be extremely deep..but yet we want deeper? Going to be a interesting year with this new "AQ"

2010 I discovered how well it worked in PP on the excalibur so I shared it with the forum..A not from Doc...

OBN-0004.jpg