Have You Paid For Your Detector?

MN, 

13 hours ago, mn90403 said:

There were two factors that made me buy the Zed.  I thought it was a better machine and technology than my 5000 and I didn't want you hitting my patches with one before I did!  I just thought if I spent enough time at it with a Zed it would pay for itself.

For me as I spend about 80% of my time patch hunting, the Z improved on the 5000 in patch hunting, with more sensitivity, more depth but most of all with a more ergonomically  balanced machine with no wires. But going right back to year one, new virgin patches have been the main "payer" of new detectors. In year one there was no detecting patches, new patches around old workings initially were the go, then as they were depleted out away from workings, now way out away from workings, out in the fringes.

Sure coil development, always by aftermarket coil manufacturers found gold that "paid" for detectors on old patches, but not consistently. I guess my point is a brutal one, if you cannot find paying patches with stock coils on detectors, aftermarket coils are not going to do so either, tis the operator and to a lesser extent the ground he/she has available and if you haven't that ground be happy just finding gold.

• Like 4

Bounty Hunter Tracker ID/505: Worth it's weight in nails (less than 4" deep)

Garrett AT Pro: Yes

Tesoro Tejon: yes

Garrett Sea Hunter MK II: No, haven't used it enough, less than 20 hours.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1