GPZ 8000 Rumors

flakmagnet

Lacky, diverge a bit and go out away a wee bit from those 100+ years ago mined areas, go out into the fringes and find what those old codgers missed...…………... I think I`ll have another rum no bugger it another two or so, that`ll put me way past apologising……………..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hi Jim, no, although I am the proud dad of two great kids it's not me. I believe our Mitchel has a relatively new child and we all know that being a dad to a young one takes precedence over mining….

Happy New Year to you. Hope maybe to get out and see you this year.

On 1/3/2020 at 5:13 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Forget more depth and give me genuine, accurate ferrous discrimination in a detector more powerful than the best VLF. For that, I will dig very deep into my wallet, and that's a promise.

3030 with the 17" coil?? As long as the gold is nice and sluggy. Probably the best ferrous disc still on the market. 

• Like 2

Hang on, you are going in circles, you will confuse the detector companies! 🤣

You said " Forget more depth and give me genuine, accurate ferrous discrimination "   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My bad! I was trying to say I do not need more depth... I need discrimination to the full depth we already have. I'm digging deep enough, I just don't want to dig any more nails at that depth. Forget GPZ even a GPX with 18" mono coil finds nails deeper than I want to dig anymore. :smile:

There really are some hard limits on maximum depth and getting just one more inch is like a moon shot. Discrimination at depth has not begun to catch up. We know the depth is possible because we are already there. Surely there is a way to get better discrimination than what we currently have.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, PhaseTech said:

3030 with the 17" coil?? As long as the gold is nice and sluggy. Probably the best ferrous disc still on the market. 

I certainly like the 3030 17" with a hip stick on the beach!  I need to break it back out again.  It was also really cool to see my finds all grouped together on some beaches.  I found a 13g nugget in the Yuba River near Downieville, California with the 6 inch coil about 3 years ago.  I wonder how the Equinox 800 would do in the same place but it is not my claim.