GPZ 8000 Rumors

flakmagnet

49 minutes ago, Lunk said:

I use an aftermarket discriminator when prospecting with my GPZ 7000. It is 100% accurate at identifying iron, doesn’t require batteries, and it will even remove the iron from my digs for me...it's a neodymium super magnet!

If they can make the magnet strong enough to suck the iron out of the ground without digging I think everyone will be sold on that solution! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Using a good magnet can really help in some discriminating. I have a bigger problem with lead than I do with iron. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kiwijw said:

Me too flakmagnet. Bloody lead 🤬

JW 🤠

I made a point of taking all my lead home from all trips when I weight some of the lead that I melted.It just exceeded 5 stone a bit more than the "Hand of Faith" but it was worth a very small fraction of the  "Hand of Faith"  so I stopped digging it up taking it all home. 🤣

I collect all lead detected. I recently sold a bucketful to a guy who does lead lighting. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Reg Wilson said:

I collect all lead detected. I recently sold a bucketful to a guy who does lead lighting. 

Interesting.  Whats lead worth a kilo?   

Magnets help only for surface trash. What I dont want is to dig 1-2 feet holes only to find iron trash. At this depth the gold is likely > 1g so a probability meter might perhaps work. 

Agreed and this problem will always remain, its part of the game. But a few less deep holes dug at 100 deg F would make the experience more enjoyable...😀

• Like 1

I saw last years investor presentation and it was saying the 7000 was only midway through its expected production lifespan. True or not I don’t know. I agree it’s an arms race to find gold these days. I just hope my 7000 ‘investment’ will last a few more years. New coils are a lot cheaper that new detectors!

• Like 2