GPZ 8000 Rumors

flakmagnet

On 1/1/2020 at 12:50 AM, mn90403 said:

My rumor source would discount the super high price detector in development in favor of a high sales volume unit which will help to keep the dealer network thriving.  It would be extremely hard to sell a detector weighing half the weight of a 7000 for twice as much money!  I'll buy a better coil for my 7000 in that case.  This is where having a coil aftermarket could impact a new detector release.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2020 at 7:32 AM, Gold weasel said:

If they got rid of their bread and butter GPX 4500 then another piece of bread and butter needs to be found....... The GPZ is for most consumers like buying a new truck..... So for a normal consumer it's out of reach unless you sell one of your children or get a second mortgage. I would release a new GPX 7000 or GPX 6000 at an affordable $1,599 price but you can see they are lowering the quality of the machines by releasing plastic GPZ and plastic Gold Monsters and charging crazy prices ...... It's all about bottom line and not about the consumer !

MVIMG_20191212_204913-01.jpeg

MVIMG_20200124_164823-01.jpeg

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Lighter and more ergonomic, yes. 

I agree to a point... Is there a true deep seeking gold detector platform that is light weight? One that will detect as deep as the GPZ or the GPX series. It will be interesting to see how the Axiom does with larger coils. 

Those hoping for a GPZ 8000 in 2023 are dreamers! It's not happening! Sorry to disappoint, I personally don't mind, I love my 7000 just how it is and don't really want to buy another one.... 

https://codan.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/ASX_CDA_Codan-Limited-2022-AGM-Investor-Presentation.pdf

Launch of several new coin and treasure
detectors, slated for release in FY23

• Like 2

Sorry to repost, but something is coming in FY23:

https://codan.com.au/investor-centre/presentations/

It's the August 24th transcript -

Sure. And the new gold detector releases that you've spoken that might be in the pipeline, are they still an FY23 event? Or, are they pushed out to later years now?

The second-half of 2023.

Second-half of '23. So, around that February period.

I think it's a bit later than that. Yeah. Yeah. 

Yes, more coin and treasure detectors.   It is clearly the Manticore, possibly rehashed Equinox 600 and 800's and if they want to still sell plenty of their top end CTX with the Manticore coming out and using target trace from the CTX perhaps it's due for a new model too, it's the older of the detectors in question. 

I would not be surprised if they come out with a pinpointer too, now the Manticore has Bluetooth LE it's possible they'll pop out with the new wireless pinpointer, after all Minelab are really behind when it comes to pinpointers.  Garrett, XP and Nokta all have a pinpointer with wireless technology.  Minelab have a pinpointer that is a real disappointment to me, far behind the competition in that regard.  If I was running the show I'd be embarrassed to have the Minelab logo on that thing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Minelab have a pinpointer that is a real disappointment to me, far behind the competition in that regard.  If I was running the show I'd be embarrassed to have the Minelab logo on that thing.

You don't mean the one you called "a waste of plastic", do you?  🤣  I've noticed as the last few years have gone by, Gary Drayton on Curse of Oak Island (cable) TV show has been coerced(?) into using one.  And every time he tries to find a target with it I'm thinking "surely it works better than that."  I really wonder if they started paying him to use it on screen.  It seemed like he held out for quite a while using the Garrett Carrot.

Now you have me thinking that tomorrow's (or is it "today's" in Australia already) announcement might be at least partly about a new pinpointer.

• Haha 1