GPZ 8000 Rumors

flakmagnet

3 hours ago, LowTide said:

And anyone who thinks that they don't have PI experience, technology, brainpower, and funding to once again disrupt the market is doing some wishful thinking.

I don't see anyone saying anything close to that LowTide…it's precisely because we completely understand that ML does have all those qualities that we see people asking for a detector that, in todays economy, represents an ergonomic and electrical advancement at a price point that we can afford.

A good New Year to you...

New 8000 means🤣 7000 will be cheap.😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

As a detectorist with my nugget hat on I look at the 'price' and wonder how many nuggets this will help me find and that should 'pay for it' or what number of ounces I need to find to pay for it.  I bought the latest and greatest nugget detector AND the 'Dog Coil' based upon this premise.  I couldn't 'afford' to be without the best.

Several years later and neither one of these purchases is putting ounces of gold in my poke.  My next purchase will have to be a purchase of pleasure.  It is really frustrating to go out and get a skunk.  I can do that with my present detectors.

The appeal to me of the Xcoil at this point is that it seems to be finding previously unseen gold.  I know some who would say they could see that gold with the standard coil but I'll say that it still the Xcoil appeal.  Minelab will have to appeal to that same sense within me as a nugget detectorist no matter what the price or I'll just keep what I have.

Why would they come out with a new detector that would quickly fail or become another 'dog?'  I doubt they will but we've failed to understand a lack of a smaller coil to extend the life of the 7000 as well so ...

How much tiny and lager gold is left to be found in beaten up patches?  Much less than was there 20 years ago with lesser technology.  I miss the working GPS.

MN, as you know I`m a very happy X coil user thus I wouldn`t hesitate recommending them to a user but as you appear disappointed that you have not paid for your current Z and its standard coils, I really do not see a X coil changing that, sure it will get you more gold because of it being of a size to give better access plus the performance gain but not to pay the way under your current "nugget hat". Way I see it you either accept the detector and coil purchases will never be paid for with finds or you find new patches.ie. Enjoy it as a hobby as a lot answered in your "paid for ?" thread or get serious and become a prospector rather then a fossicker, but now days in OZ that takes a lot of time swinging and dedication, in the US buh buggered if I know. 

I suspect that those users that answers show they have paid consistently through the years for their gold detectors with gold finds are all prospectors. My reply may appear somewhat arrogant  but as I`ve found previously you can take it, now I want to hear in the future of virgin patches you`ve found, get up off your ass and prospect.…………….

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Norvic, Happy New Year first of all. I would not call myself a prospector by any stretch. If a fossicker is an amateur who loves the unknown, who knows the best part of the day is the early morning because anything is possible, who has been lucky enough to be repaid for hard work and earnest learning by a few nuggets and a few good friends, then I'm your man. Hope all is well.

• Like 5

Norvic,

I'll always appreciate your comments.

You must know by now ... it is harder to be a prospector than some of us are capable of doing on a regular basis.

I'm back to a once or twice a month nugget hunter for the next 2-3 years.  I guess my best status now would be a tag along detectorist or wait for my metal detecting club to get an easy claim!  haha

Mitchel

(Right now I'm going out for a 2 hour beach hunt to finish my birthday.  It will take me about 5 minutes to get to the beach!)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

I'm back to a once or twice a month nugget hunter for the next 2-3 years.  I guess my best status now would be a tag along detectorist or wait for my metal detecting club to get an easy claim!

I would also add that being the parent of a young child and living hundreds of miles from the "goldfields" also tends to cramp us amateurs style. Happy New Year to you Mitchel.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

You must know by now ... it is harder to be a prospector than some of us are capable of doing on a regular basis.

Ah ha, tis so allover I remember back yonks ago I answered similarly on an OZ 4M, found naively that I`m indeed a fortunate fella, you`ve got the metal one day you may get the time and  inclination, patience grasshopper...patience. A good serve on your birthday will get you in the mood go out and get amongst those coins and stop perving on the "Baywatch" shielas. 😉

Aie Flakmagnet……. jockeys for  horses for courses, but most of all  may 2020 be a Top Year for you and family......you amateur...……..😈

People think many things. Minelab said ZVT is the platform for the next ten years or more, not that the GPZ was. Minelab is in the business of selling metal detectors and it is disingenuous to pretend otherwise. We all know the program, they have been introducing new gold machines every few years. I always assumed the GPZ was just the first in a new series and can’t see how anyone would think otherwise. Unless told so by an overzealous salesperson... I have to grant you that. :smile:

Fact is nobody need buy anything. Plenty of happy GPX owners out there.

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Haha, everything I do in nugget hunting falls under the "prospecting" heading, I intentionally go to areas that were mined 100+ years ago and ignored since. I do that because there are no current claims to worry about, but there is obviously potential for gold.  That said, my recovery rate is currently zero. It's fine, I have fun, but minelab (etc) should hope I find something because the only way I pay thousands on a new detector is cleaning out a new area with the equinox and knowing I can likely find more with xxx detector worth the investment. So far that is certainly not the case. I'm not discouraged,  I already have several spots picked out for when the snow melts. But I'm a realist, I fully understand I'm most likely tilting at windmills. 

I have a severe cold and am quite drunk,  so if that doesn't make since, well, sorry...

• Haha 4