New From Garrett In 2020?

I have a little bit of soft spot for Charles Garrett 🌹RIP🌹, and his company! Along with doing more than his part for God, and Country! He started his company the month and year i was born! And reading some of his publications contributed to my initial interest in metal detecting!

I don't know about the rest of the pack's longevity, but Garrett can afford to write-off the hobby division,  if they so choose! 

Now do i think they will?  My guess is a solid no!! I don't think it was in Charles Garrett's final wishes to eliminate the portion of his company that he started from nothing; and grew to where it is today! But instead, is probably no longer the main focus, due to the large demand for the security end of the business!

I don't necessarily think they will always try to keep pace with the others detector-wise, but i would not count out Steve Novakovich's (and Vaughan's) direction to keeping the Garrett spirit; and detectors; alive!

Just my opinion!! No disrespect to the other great detector manufacturers out there! Several of which, i also own!👍👍

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are wising up to the marketing. Most people would assume this means a new detector, and then assume super duper new flagship detector. Everyone gets excited, the anticipation builds.... and a new digging tool is announced. :laugh:

If it is a new detector let’s hope for something better than the slow tease offered with the AT Max. Manly men hiking over hills with barely glimpsed detectors over their shoulders, etc.

• Like 3

Slow marketing dribble usually heightens peoples expectations and lets them down once released as they usually expect more that what it really is. I only joke with a hint of sarcasm but do like the company. Hope something cool comes out.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kac said:

Slow marketing dribble usually heightens peoples expectations and lets them down once released as they usually expect more that what it really is. I only joke with a hint of sarcasm but do like the company. Hope something cool comes out.

I do too, they are the only US detector company that appears to have the resources to develop and release something innovative or at least on par with where ML, Nokta, and even XP are headed in terms of value (performance for price).  But just couldn't get past their use of "new product" vice "new detector" so had to poke some fun too.

• Like 1

Camo AT Max?😉  At least Garrett had the initiative to produce standalone and inbuilt wireless headphone/pinpointer systems for their detectors.  Wireless audio has almost become an industry now, someone should probably make the other US manufacturers aware of that fact - got to move with the times.

• Like 1

Here it is everyone!!!

It's a 3D color, clear vision, laser  guided, Xwave Detector!(TM) That reaches depths of 50 feet! Lead vest is optional!!

I got the first test model!!🤣

[Disclaimer: All products in this ad are fictitiously used and in good fun! Do not eat!!]👍👍

20200124_013142.thumb.jpg.d6a99f22b23305f1044bede8c3ffbac2.jpg

• Haha 1