8” Coil For Fisher Impulse AQ

Just read on another forum that LE JAG will soon be testing an 8" coil on the Fisher Impulse AQ! Should make some folks have a Happy New Year.

Bill

fisher-research-impulse-aq-metal-detector.jpg

• Like 1

Denis (LE JAG) reported back in May that an 8” coil was was being tested on the prospecting “Terra” version of the Impulse, so I figured it was a pretty good bet we’d see it on the AQ also. The stock 12.5” mono is a bit large for some people so there was bound to be demand for a smaller coil. It’s good to hear more confirmation it’s in the works - thanks for posting! Hopefully Denis will post a picture when he gets time.

The Impulse with battery on the hip and 8” coil should be a dream to swing! :smile:

Fisher Impulse AQ Data & Specifications

• Like 2

Love to see something in that size range since digging deep holes while hunting in the water can be difficult Pinpointing .........with a big coil. One addition I would like to see is a right angle Souriau fitting which I'm in search of...thinking it maybe a little safer then straight one that comes with the "AQ"s 12.5 coil.........The 45 right angle connector would come down to the shaft where it could be tied off and more stable. Also something I can change myself once the 2 year warranty is over.

OBN-0002.jpg

0306027520_n.jpg

We already know the power cable routes up through the handle. I would like to see a manufacturer route the coil down into the handle with the connector facing forward just above the rod but under my hand. Just straight out and down the rod. I am not a huge fan of internal rod cables as they add expense and are hard to change, but would like some new thinking about where coils plug in other than the back of control boxes.

• Like 5