Gold Hunting Adventures

A Qantas flight to West Australia is my best bet.😃 However there is a number of training courses which would be your best in the USA. but as an Aust. I will leave it up to your countrymen to steer you in the right direction.  

• Oh my! 1

I believe there are some in Alaska,  I assume Steve H. knows of some. I know Gerry does training trips if that interests you. I'm basically just chiming in to say yes they exist and keep your post fresh till someone that actually knows something sees it.

• Like 1

There are several dealers here on the forum that offer training classes. Hopefully they will chime in on this thread and let you know what they are offering and when. I think in your case the training classes would be very beneficial to you in getting started with your 7000.

Mike

• Like 1

I could send you a map of my little corner of the Sierra Nevada mountains with little red "Xs mark the spots" on it and guarantee that you will find some gold - - - - -and bears, and mountain lions and rattlesnakes and poison oak and mosquitoes and - well you get the point. But your the one that mentioned "adventure".

• Haha 3

I hear the real adventure is riding in your Jeep, mr klunker!

Mell

there are ads placed in the ICMJ for California and Alaska...

Usually you will be in one place and hunt from the cabin...

personally, I would take Western Australia for my adventure!
fred

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If you are looking for a real adventure I suggest you check out AKAU at Nome, Alaska. I know several people who have been there. All speak well of the operation, and a couple found quite a few ounces of gold on their visits. It’s really the only real operation of the sort in the country now since Ganes Creek and Moore Creek shut down.

Other than that and if you want more hands on guidance, contacting dealers like Gerry McMullen or Rob Allison about their training field trips is an excellent option.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Klunker you are too much!   But someday maybe I will take you up on that offer. Would love the drive from Texas to find some gold.  I will make sure I have my bear mace!  Don't do bears very well...…..eeek lol. All the other critters...…..well that's like being in Texas!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good to see some members have jumped in and helped. The bucket list West Australia is worth keeping. I have taken a 4wd and  24 ft caravan to WA a round trip of over 6500 Km or 4000 Miles

9 times and have covered cost with gold with plenty left over.

NB Most people find gold but it is hard and very few find enough to be financial better off.  

• Like 3