White’s GMX Gold Detector And Goldmaster 24K 4x6 Coil

If you want to see "sneak previews" of White's new waterproof high-frequency VLF gold detector, the GMX, as well as the long-awaited (but worth it) 4x6 coil for the Goldmaster 24K (and GMX), AND some paltry CA AU, check out Rob Johnson's YouTube channel "Spud Diggers" for the just-released video entitled "We found some gold in California! Also, a sneak peak at the new White's GMX Gold metal detector." HH Jim

White's GMX Sport Data & Specifications

• Like 5

This was first seen last June and expected last fall but looks like ready for prime time finally. As near as I can tell the GMX Sport is a White's 24K in an MX Sport housing. The control pad and LCD display are identical to the 24K but with the 10 foot waterproof rating of the MX Sport. Since introduction appears close I am running with this and have created a new detector entry in our database which I will update as new information comes in.

Good to see the 4" x 6" coil finally for the 24K also. It's hard to tell in the video but it appears they hopefully shaved the useless airspace off the bottom as was done with the 6" concentric.

White's GMX Sport Data & Specifications

For what it is worth I have found the White's 24K to be a very capable VLF nugget hunter and if the GMX Sport is running the same circuit it will be a good performing detector. Main markets will be gold nuggets and jewelry detecting in freshwater and hot on micro jewelry in tot lots and volleyball courts, etc. Too hot for saltwater however but may handle bone dry sand up higher on the beach i.e. the "towel line".

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Sneak Previews: GMX Gold Detector And Goldmaster 24K 4x6 Coil

Love the 24k.

Interesting when Jim finds a nugget the display reads 08 then solid 01, 99 and 98. Not gold from my experience and I have found a lot of gold over the last 2 seasons with the 24k. The nugget was of good size at only about 3". Easy for the 24k to ID. From my experience the 24k would have displayed different. Can someone explain? Actually I think I know the answer. Just wondering if anyone else noticed that knows the 24k. If I am wrong maybe someone knows better and I would like to hear from them.

I think the GMX is what I was expecting from Whites straight away after the GMT. But why is that display box so huge? I much prefer the smaller one as on the GMT. Also, what is the weight difference between the GMT, 24K and GMX with same sized coils? Just curious to know how they compare to the Gold Kruzer. Thanks

Weight on the GMX Sport weighs 4.0 lbs with the 6" concentric coil. Goldmaster 24K is 3.5 lbs. Gold Kruzer is 3.0 lbs.

The 4" x 6" DD coil for the GMX and 24K are coming out along with the new model as well as an 8" x 14" DD. All 24K and GMX coils are interchangeable.

Goldmaster GMX Sport Data & Specifications

Goldmaster 24K Data & Specifications

whites-goldmaster-gmx-sport-gold-detector.jpg
White's Goldmaster GMX Sport

whites-goldmaster-gmx-sport-specificatons-sheet.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1