White’s GMX Sport Sneak Peek

I've been able to exercise some restraint in regards to buying the 24k, the lack of 6x4 dd has helped a lot plus the ability of my MXT to fill the niche to a reasonable extent.  The addition of waterproofing which doubles as weather and dust protection is a big bonus. The promised coils package would seal the deal...  Pulse Induction technology dominates nugget hunting in Australia for many good reasons. Their remains in my view a credible argument for a capable VLF as part of my nugget hunting arsenal. A waterproof high frequency VLF would expand my crevicing and panning toolkit.  Lot of smaller gold left, hard hit areas continue to produce the fly specks.. it is the bigger bits that are more elusive. The 24k looks good and all the reports are interesting. The GMX offers just that little bit more..  

All the best,

Karelian

This was first seen last June and expected last fall but looks like ready for prime time finally. As near as I can tell the GMX Sport is a White's 24K in an MX Sport housing. The control pad and LCD display are identical to the 24K but with the 10 foot waterproof rating of the MX Sport. Since introduction appears close I am running with this and have created a new detector entry in our database which I will update as new information comes in.

Good to see the 4" x 6" coil finally for the 24K also. It's hard to tell in the video but it appears they hopefully shaved the useless airspace off the bottom as was done with the 6" concentric.

White's GMX Sport Data & Specifications

For what it is worth I have found the White's 24K to be a very capable VLF nugget hunter and if the GMX Sport is running the same circuit it will be a good performing detector. Main markets will be gold nuggets and jewelry detecting in freshwater and hot on micro jewelry in tot lots and volleyball courts, etc. Too hot for saltwater however but may handle bone dry sand up higher on the beach i.e. the "towel line".

My MXT has given years of valuable service, the 24k and GMX have made a credible argument for an upgraded nugget hunting VLF.

Must agree the new slimmer and flatter coil on the 24k is a big move in the right direction. Don't like to criticise the 'old girl' but the Shooter 6x4 and Eclipse 5.3 were always a bit 'chunky' and the move to the 'slimmer' design would be most welcome.. Every little bit helps when hunting for the specks..

The higher frequency in the GMT made it hard work in 'hot'  Australian ground, so I found myself happy with the MXT. Looking at the images you can see the MXT has a practical limit when it comes to detecting small gold in hot ground. Smallest gold found was 0.15 grams, half of which was gold. Time and technology move on and the GMX Sport has sparked my interest as it opens new options. Looking forward to its release.

IMG_1579 (2).JPG

IMG_1581.JPG

• Like 3

Is the GMX heavy like the MX Sport.

Same housing as MX Sport, should be same weight, 4.2 lbs. If weight is your issue stick with the 24K at 3.5 lbs. It’s not all about weight when it comes to comfort. Balance matters, and the well balanced 4.2 lb MX Sport feels better on arm than some lighter nose-heavy detectors. In water it’s almost weightless, and it’s waterproof to use in water. Otherwise there really is no need to get one... the 24K is the lighter option.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to White’s GMX Sport Sneak Peek