Going To FairPlay

Finally got an invitation to prospect on some private property in gold country, i have been waiting for this opportunity since before the GPZ came, it's been a carrot dangling off in the distance in front of me and a source of inspiration. My nose is buried in Chris' s book and a dozen others getting ready and although my skull is thick and the pathways narrow little pieces of the puzzle are coming together.

History of the place as I'm told is that it has been a privately owned winery since the early 1950's and off limits to any mining activity and therefore never been electronically prospected. there was mining activity in earlier days and in one old building on the property, in the basement it shows writing on the walls left over by Chinese miners and there are some old mining tools left behind in the basement as well. My friends also tell me the care taker on the property says gold can be easily found in the river on the adjoining private property. the property is a mountain top and gentile hill sides, the area is peppered with quartz outcrops and iron stained gossans and according to the records a history of very coarse gold.

I have a couple days to bungle around the property and it's going to be a little personally embarrassing if i don't come up with something good here. But it's a big piece of property and my skills are still new. it will be another fantastic learning experience no matter what i find and another adventure to add to the books.

Ill take a few pictures and keep ya posted.

• Like 5

Take your coin machine along as well and get a feel of whats out there as far as trash and or relics are concerned. You might be pleasantly surprised. Heading up to the foot hills myself this weekend as I'm long over due for a nugget....Good luck!

strick

Thanks deathray and thanks strick,

i am bringing both machines I'm sure ill use those and some other things i won't use, that i will need to rearrange every time i try to get something from the car, eventually the entire contents in the car will resemble an unorganized landfill until i unload everything an put it all back in its place... then the dance starts again.

good luck yourself, clark

• Like 1

Finally got an invitation to prospect on some private property in gold country, i have been waiting for this opportunity since before the GPZ came, it's been a carrot dangling off in the distance in front of me and a source of inspiration. My nose is buried in Chris' s book and a dozen others getting ready and although my skull is thick and the pathways narrow little pieces of the puzzle are coming together.

History of the place as I'm told is that it has been a privately owned winery since the early 1950's and off limits to any mining activity and therefore never been electronically prospected. there was mining activity in earlier days and in one old building on the property, in the basement it shows writing on the walls left over by Chinese miners and there are some old mining tools left behind in the basement as well. My friends also tell me the care taker on the property says gold can be easily found in the river on the adjoining private property. the property is a mountain top and gentile hill sides, the area is peppered with quartz outcrops and iron stained gossans and according to the records a history of very coarse gold.

I have a couple days to bungle around the property and it's going to be a little personally embarrassing if i don't come up with something good here. But it's a big piece of property and my skills are still new. it will be another fantastic learning experience no matter what i find and another adventure to add to the books.

Ill take a few pictures and keep ya posted.

Well I am Keeping my fingers crossed for ya, So Good Luck Mate

You should put Steve H into A Hot Wash and shrink him down a bit so he fits in ya back or take him along He can carry the Gear,, If he cant find it No One Can

Pay him In Grits and Water :D  :D  :D

• Like 1

don't I wish, but if it was possible i think the demand on Steve would be so high he'd have time for nothing else.

The owners of the winery are good friends of good friends and the caretaker is a really nice guy I understand, who enjoys a glass of wine or two when company is around. So this trip I'm going to be torn between two lovers, we are of course going up with our friends and my mother in law (she's really nice) is also visiting from China, time will be a little divided. The tough part is going to be trying to stay sober enough so i don't fall into one of those holes I'm digging, the care taker and I are the only non Chinese and he likes to drink... i have no hope. Had a wedding party in China and I only remember the first half, custom is the groom walks around the room and toasts with each guest and there was over a hundred people there... I only know we cut our wedding cake because I saw the pictures. Every dinner with friends in China is accompanied by lots of BiJo (high proof white rice liquor) and you can't say no, you can try... it'll work for a while, but eventually you give in. This trip i hope it's not to bad, oh the hangovers in Shanghai.

thanks for the good word, clark

• Like 2

Nice foot hill gold bearing hill top? wine ? never been detected? An outing with nice people? Private property with permission? undisturbed artifacts? GPX 7000 in hand? NICE MOTHER IN LAW!!??

I'm a non repentant sinner and have to go to the other place.

• Like 2

Nice foot hill gold bearing hill top? wine ? never been detected? An outing with nice people? Private property with permission? undisturbed artifacts? GPX 7000 in hand? NICE MOTHER IN LAW!!??

I'm a non repentant sinner and have to go to the other place.

i got a feeling the big guy likes you a lot and he's reading this forum real regular just to see what his friends are up to.

You guys are flattering the heck out of me and seriously I am not quite as good as you may imagine. I am basically just a patient person who puts in the hours in decent locations with decent detectors. There are a lot of guys on the forums better than I.

Sounds like a great opportunity Clark, best of luck to you!