Any Texas Gulf Beach Hunters Here?

I just moved back to Texas a couple of months ago and am about 4 hours from Corpus Christi and Galveston. I need some info on where it's legal to hunt and what to expect. Never hunted near the water except around a couple of lakes, any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!

Hi Dan

It’s been a while that I’ve hunted along the coast. The main thing is stay off of State Parks on the coast and be sure to stay off National Sea Shore . Here they don’t put you in jail but they do put you under it . I should have said don’t go on any State Park with a detector in Texas.

You can hunt on any historical site if you have permission of the land owner and the state can’t bother you.

If you can get access to school grounds you can hunt them . The trouble most schools have total lockdown after hours.

Here in San Antonio at one time you could hunt city parks but haven’t seen anyone doing that in a long time.

I came across this police man that would go by homes in his uniform to get permission. I’m sure that paid off for him .

Chuck 

• Like 2

Steve, here's the reason that " Padre Island National Seashore " was created. I knew of this ship wreck in 1965, but didn't have the money and knowledge to do the salvage operation.

This case has a long and complex history. In 1555, the Spanish galleon Espiritu Santo sank in a storm. The ship was lost beneath the sea for over four centuries, until the plaintiff, Platoro, located it in 1967. Platoro recovered various items from the wreck and removed them to Indiana, Platoro's home state.

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/F2/695/893/443543/

https://www.leagle.com/decision/19811334518fsupp81611236

• Like 1

Jim

The State of Texas took what they had found and they didn’t get anything.It was made a National Sea Shore in 68 to keep Treasure Hunters like me out .

I got a map showing where those Treasure Ships are . I also got pictures of what was found by that Treasure Company.

Chuck 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Jim

The State of Texas took what they had found and they didn’t get anything.It was made a National Sea Shore in 68 to keep Treasure Hunters like me out .

I got a map showing where those Treasure Ships are . I also got pictures of what was found by that Treasure Company.

Chuck 

Yes Chuck, they got ripped off by the state of Texas big time. And kept me out of there also. One my friend's dad was a surf fisherman at little shell and big shell and found a piece of eight silver coin that was washed up in the surf. I lived in Corpus Christi in 1965 and I had rented and old surplus mine detector to search the area back then, but didn't find any thing. Yes there were several treasure ships in the area.

I'd like to see that map and the pictures of the treasure. That would be cool!

Best wishes!

Jim

Jim

I’ll see what I can come up with and post them on here.

I went to work for the phone company down there in 66 .

Chuck 

• Like 3

Jim

Two of the pictures shows treasure crusted over and what you’re looking at is a X Ray. They have each item numbered but too many items and the print is small. 

The last picture shows where the ships was found. How they knew they were there to start with is they dug through one when they made Mansfield cut to open water .

Jim I’ll be happy to make you copies of some of what I got. Just PM me with your address and I’ll get it to you. 

No cost !

Chuck 

54AB47F0-890A-470F-8C4B-1EB08050509E.jpeg

04C01802-DA4F-4C00-A532-131DA02AF664.jpeg

18C69FDB-6B75-4F11-A3CB-2D14F364498D.jpeg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Jim

Two of the pictures shows treasure crusted over and what you’re looking at is a X Ray. They have each item numbered but too many items and the print is small. 

The last picture shows where the ships was found. How they knew they were there to start with is they dug through one when they made Mansfield cut to open water .

Jim I’ll be happy to make you copies of some of what I got. Just PM me with your address and I’ll get it to you. 

No cost !

Chuck 

54AB47F0-890A-470F-8C4B-1EB08050509E.jpeg

04C01802-DA4F-4C00-A532-131DA02AF664.jpeg

18C69FDB-6B75-4F11-A3CB-2D14F364498D.jpeg

Wow! Chuck thanks for posting these photos. I appreciate your willingness to send me more, but since it's a lost cause; it wouldn't do much except make me drool more. LOL