Tesoro Tejon For Nugget Detecting

Steve I have just been reading your Review about the Lobo and the Lobo Super Traq, Now the Lobo has Manual Ground Balance and the Lobo Super Traq had Auto GB and it has built in pre set Ground Balance setting, To me Tesoro are Rock solid in the fact they have A Life time Warranty and the KHZ seems to be in the right place, In the UK they Got Tesoro to tune them for the UK because we needed a lower disc Range and they are Sold under the Name of Laser and the Laser Hawkeye even Has A Screen on it But it Runs at 10khz, One thing I do Know is Before XP came along Over here Tesoro and Laser were the Top Dogs when it came to finding Hammered Coins and to tell you the Truth I still have doubts if any machines can beat them at finding Hammered coins, And if people were to come over here I would suggest that they Bring one of them with them or my Old Faithful and what would be the US equivalent Model, See here:- http://www.detecnicks.co.uk/Laser_Hawkeye.html

So Seeing as the Tejon runs at 17.5khz and it has Manual GB and the Tejon with the Pro Upgrade has Auto GB as well surely these might be a Better option, Or does the GB not have enough Range Adjustment to suit Prospecting,

The weight of the Tejon would Suit A lot of Older Gentlemen Like VanursePaul Norvic and Fred of coarse, with the weight of 1.43 kgs or 3 Lbs to me these Machines would suit those of us that suffer Back and Shoulder problems,

How does any of this relate to your findings, Thanks Mate

John.

Like many detectors not made specifically for prospecting the Tejon could be placed into service as a nugget detector. I know a guy who used one at Ganes Creek years ago. If weight were the issue though I do not see any advantage in a 3 lb Tejon over a 2.5 lb Gold Bug Pro. Or the Lobo ST set up as a chest or hip mount for featherweight swinging.

Tesoro Tejon:

post-1-0-05906400-1438956347_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yes I see what you mean,, The Gold bug would be a better option, I had not thought of that one purely because I was looking to see if Tesoro had another Machine that was not Limited by the Ground Balance system and someone had asked me about the Light weight Machines 

john

What coil are you using on the Tejon Ray? The stock concentric? Have you tried a DD coil on the hot ground?

It does have a very touchy ground balance control.

Yeah A Nice 6x10 DD might Tame the beast, Because the Frequency is right so it has possibilities.

I use the lobo coil, stock, and just picked up the small concentric. I should clarify...I use the Tejon alot, but pretty much always for relics. I did give it a go for prospecting once, due yo circumstances,and I go to all metal often just to cover ground quickly to look for iron infested spots. Yes, that ground balance is touchy.

• Like 1