Welcome To The New Tarsacci Metal Detector Forum!

I was contacted out of the blue recently by Dimitar Gargov, owner and designer for Tarsacci metal detectors. I gave him a call and we were like two kids talking metal detectors! He explained some ideas he has for the future and I decided it was past time to set up a forum for Tarsacci owners to discuss their detectors. The MDT 8000 is a very high performance detector designed first for saltwater use but people are trying it for other purposes to good result. The bottom line is I have always supported competition especially as regards new technology. My main bias is I tend to only feature detectors with U.S. dealers and service. Yup, I am U.S. centric - sue me! :smile: Tarsacci as a home brewed detector obviously meets that criteria. So here we go, a forum for Tarsacci and the MDT 8000 and whatever else Dimitar's brilliant mind brings us eventually.

Yeah I am buttering him up because I think I have talked him into doing what he never does - appear on a forum to answer questions about his product. Don't expect to get deep proprietary info as it is.... well, it's proprietary! But I hope to see Dimitar here soon. I am sure you will give him all that friendly place to share information we are famous for. Thanks!

Tarsacci MDT 8000 Data & Specifications

tarsacci-mdt-8000-beach-metal-detector.jpg
Tarsacci MDT 8000 metal detector at the beach

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

It's great to have Dimitar available and I own what I believe are two of his previous designs the Fisher ID Edge & Excel.  The Excel being one of my favorite detectors ever made.  It's ability in iron was never appreciated as much as I think it should have been. 

His newest 8000 provides an important benchmark for any other Flagship products to be produced including PI's. 

• Like 2

Thank you Steve! I've got about 30 hours on mine now and no gold but that's only because I haven't found it yet.

• Like 2

Hello Steve,

Adding on the Tarsacci forum is terrific,  Coming from a MDT user it’s going to benefit both user and Dimitar.  

I’ve had the honor of meeting Dimitar once,  when I first purchased the MDT picked it up In person from his home. Very friendly, felt like we’ve been friends for a lifetime. 

Hopefully soon,  will take the two hour drive up there to visit,  then take him up to gold county to test our units on hot dirt.  

Thank Steve for adding on the Tarsacci forum,  

Paul

• Thanks 1

Maybe I'll get you back to posting more often now Paul! :smile: To be honest the best thing people can do to help Dimitar and therefore the long term prospects of Tarsacci is going to be to post about it. Google rules all and if people can’t Google things and see them as far as they are concerned they don’t exist. That’s the world we live in now. The good news is these forums already were coming up right after the Tarsacci site itself so this will help collect everything in one spot and make it easier for all involved. It brings me traffic and helps Dimitar... win, win!

• Like 1

I want one i  believe im small businesses so the MDT is tempting me very problem is the customs arent very gentle 😁😁😁😁 i like the design and the way the batteries are cleverly located.

I always have completly different machines to search same spot and they all finds stuff.....

RR

• Like 3

I appreciate adding it as well.   We have to get people talking.   Right now they seem to be very comfortable that not many on their beach has one of these unique machines.    This machine fits me very well...... i use it for just raw power to find then ID targets.   I met him and his Wife as well when they came to Fl to visit Tom D.    You really get the sense of excitement they have about this machine and what it can do.   We speak a good bit on the phone.... and i wouldnt be surprised if he dont contact a good many machine owners.   Hes very interested in feed back....... he wants to continue making better machines ..... but to do that he needs to know how we are using it and our results.   I believe ive shown it works in the salt water.   Me and a hunting buddy in ClearWater havent been disappointed in the results ..... nor have we put this thing down much over the past year.  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Well, I have to admit I am disappointed Dimitar has never shown up on the forum to answer questions about the Tarsacci. When we talked he mentioned he might but so far no show. I hope it’s because he is too busy working on a gold prospecting version of his technology! :smile:

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Well, I have to admit I am disappointed Dimitar has never shown up on the forum to answer questions about the Tarsacci. When we talked he mentioned he might but so far no show. I hope it’s because he is too busy working on a gold prospecting version of his technology! :smile:

I too would like to hear  from Ditimar.  He could answer and share  a lot of questions we may have. I haven’t read any postings of his on other forums either.

It seems to me it is easier for him to talk on the phone rather than text messages so maybe speaking English is easier than writing. Maybe this is why he does not post on any forums as I know he does follow them. Just a thought. I hope that he is knee deep in production of a new 12” surf and turf coil for the MDT as has been discussed on other forums. I have over a year now with my Tarsacci and close to 400 hrs with 0:problems, other than tightening the battery cap a thread to much and stripping the cap so to speak. After tightening a second time and stopping when I should all is well. I know of one other who has done the same thing with the same results. My warranty will be out soon but I don’t anticipate any problems. I also have spent 75% of my time in salt water with no problems. This truly is a fantastic machine. Hope everyone stays safe from the terrible virus and good luck to all.

• Like 2