Chest Mount Explorer 2 First Outings.

Dan(NM)

I've been out of commission for the last couple of months with a broken ankle. While I was laid up, I did a couple of mods to a couple of Explorer's I bought last month. I stole the idea from Kevin(IDX Monster), thanks again!  I finally healed up enough to hobble down by a lake near my house and do some digging. I ran it with gain set at 7...16 manual sens...variability set at 10...conductive tone...fast recovery....no disc..... manual noise cancel at 1...Minelab 8" coil.

One thing I did find out real quick was how fast it is to get out of shape. Anyway, set out to dig it all and relearn the Explorer and test out the equipment. I've running the Nox 800 for the last 2 years. The chestmount setup works like a charm with no hiccups to speak of. I'm running wireless earbuds that are APTX LL and the transmitter is also APTX LL, no noticeable lag. The battery is mounted on the back of the housing and is a 12v 3000 mah power bank. I tested it and it ran for about 15 hours with the back light on, full threshold, full sensitivity, in the garage with 11"coil mounted.

I'm very pleased with how smooth the set-up works and was able to dig a couple of keepers while testing it out. The finds are from 2 outings, I found a silver ring and a silver bead the first time out and 2 more of the silver beads and another silver ring , along with the other items today. I'm thinking the silver beads were part of a bracelet or necklace as they were spread out from where I found the first one. One of them rang at 2/30 the first one 5/28, I was surprised at how hard the Explorer hit such small items. Feels good to be swinging a coil again, gonna take the monster old coin hunting tomorrow.

lt15.jpg

lt2.jpg

lt1.jpg

xs3.jpg

lt13.jpg

• Like 3

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Nice finds.

I have read loads about Explorer 2.  I have never used one though.  Still got my Etrac.  Use it every blue moon.

31 minutes ago, Tnsharpshooter said:

Nice finds.

I have read loads about Explorer 2.  I have never used one though.  Still got my Etrac.  Use it every blue moon.

Thank you. I had to lighten it up due to a bad shoulder situation right now. I forgot how much I enjoyed using the EX2, great audio machine.

• Like 1