White's 24K Issue?

aufarmer

I like the Whites battery tray system, but it requires me to 'test' each one of the eight AA cells as I load the tray. My father was an electronics technician and when gadgets failed his first question was always the same.. 'Did you check the batteries.?'  In my experience he was on to something.  Ok, the Pelican AA battery holder may be excessive, but the cheap tester is well worth it and I have a 'system' in place which means failures are rare.  Cheaper ammo boxes keep AA cells well sorted, clean and protected whilst ready for use. Most of my machines run on AA cells, I also use them on GPS, radios, torches, battery banks etc. I buy 'bricks' of bulk AA cells, quality but cheap, new technology some with ten year cell life. Too many cheap and nasty cells out there so it pays to be a bit fussy about what we 'feed' our expensive toys..

All the best, Karelian

batt1.jpg

batt2.jpg

batt3.jpg

batt11.jpg

batt12.jpg

IMG_1598.JPG

IMG_1599.JPG

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

The cylander loaded with 6 batts , in the picture with the green box lid,...……….  looks like a speed loader for a wheel gun. !  😁

WHERE can I get one like the black box that holds 40 and has the slide lever meter ?
I like it !

• Like 1

Pelican 1050 case with aa insert. Amazon or Ebay should give you start. Like all Pelican cases it is weather sealed and solid. I like it because it holds 40 cells and it keeps the dust and dirt out. I can empty the box and wash it in the sink, then just leave it outside to dry. 

Karelian

IMG_1665_edited.jpg

IMG_1666_edited.jpg

• Like 1

BT-168D battery tester, again best found on Amazon or Ebay. Should be under $10. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

So here we are April 2021 only a few months after Whites shut down and I'm getting this same shut down problem in my 24K no joke. Now what's interesting is that my MX7 did the same darn thing and I sent that in for repair and they replaced the entire head unit, battery pack and even gave several packs of their Alkaline batteries they used and sold ,I forget the brand but they were solid batteries,anyhow after getting it back it hasn't shut down. I suspect the 24K same problem, it will need to get the head unit replaced and the battery pack. Sometimes the contacts of the battery holder would somehow lose the connection and cause it to shut down,that's what rob or whatever told me from whites in the MX7 issue. I'll have to send to centreville electronics to have them address it, I've had it not even a year and had the issue from day 1  of taking it out. Fresh batteries too....anyhow ,if anyone has gotten any feedback from this anomaly please shout back...

On 1/5/2020 at 7:35 AM, Ridge Runner said:

Where you got a slide in battery pack the contacts on the inside will get weak and not always making good contact. The easy fix get something long enough with a hook on the end and pull each contact to you. Don’t over do it but this should correct your problem.

Definitely worth a try as that is exactly what rob the tech or whatever his name was at Whites support said to try if I was daring.

• Like 1