New Years Day Hunt

Denny

Been hitting the dried up river and haven’t found anymore gold other than the one I found in November.   So I decided to go for the silver.  Dug up 2 silver coins in a littered  gravel area.  Not bad for a New Year’s Day hunt.
The MDT is good for park hunting also.  Dug a deep 1888 V nickel close to 10 inches. My CTX couldn’t do that.  

Settings:   At the dry river.    Sens 9 max, threshold 0, mixed mode, blacksand on, 9khz or 18khz.

park: sens 8, threshold -1, mixed mode, blacksand on, 18khz.  

FB591811-BF1C-47BD-BFC2-980535E6626D.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Denny said:

Been hitting the dried up river and haven’t found anymore gold other than the one I found in November.   So I decided to go for the silver.  Dug up 2 silver coins in a littered  gravel area.  Not bad for a New Year’s Day hunt.
The MDT is good for park hunting also.  Dug a deep 1888 V nickel close to 10 inches. My CTX couldn’t do that.  

Settings:   At the dry river.    Sens 9 max, threshold 0, mixed mode, blacksand on, 9khz or 18khz.

park: sens 8, threshold -1, mixed mode, blacksand on, 18khz.  

Nice results!  Multiple silver finds make any day a good day.

I see you had Black Sand ON at both sites.  Was that just a random choice, or did you find that it gave you either better depth or less chatter, or what?  I assume you didn't have any actual black sand at these sites.  Or did you?

2 hours ago, TallTom said:

Nice results!  Multiple silver finds make any day a good day.

I see you had Black Sand ON at both sites.  Was that just a random choice, or did you find that it gave you either better depth or less chatter, or what?  I assume you didn't have any actual black sand at these sites.  Or did you?

Hi TallTom

I used blacksand mode at the dry river because of ground noise.(blacksand/mineralization)

For the park I was hunting it was for EMI. 

Blacksand mode was a must for both sites.

Denny

• Like 2

Hey Denny,

I was out before sunrise New Year's Day on Juno Beach in S. Florida! Man, it was beautiful, and nice and cool out that morning! The beach was a little mushy, and the finds were few! But what a great way to kick off the New Year!!🎉🎉

20200101_071043.jpg

20200101_191004.jpg

20200101_190649.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Hey Denny,

I was out before sunrise New Year's Day on Juno Beach in S. Florida! Man, it was beautiful, and nice and cool out that morning! The beach was a little mushy, and the finds were few! But what a great way to kick off the New Year!!🎉🎉

Beautiful sunrise wish I was there.

Nice ring!