Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Been hitting the dried up river and haven’t found anymore gold other than the one I found in November.   So I decided to go for the silver.  Dug up 2 silver coins in a littered  gravel area.  Not bad for a New Year’s Day hunt.
The MDT is good for park hunting also.  Dug a deep 1888 V nickel close to 10 inches. My CTX couldn’t do that.  
 

Settings:   At the dry river.    Sens 9 max, threshold 0, mixed mode, blacksand on, 9khz or 18khz.

park: sens 8, threshold -1, mixed mode, blacksand on, 18khz.  
 

FB591811-BF1C-47BD-BFC2-980535E6626D.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Denny said:

Been hitting the dried up river and haven’t found anymore gold other than the one I found in November.   So I decided to go for the silver.  Dug up 2 silver coins in a littered  gravel area.  Not bad for a New Year’s Day hunt.
The MDT is good for park hunting also.  Dug a deep 1888 V nickel close to 10 inches. My CTX couldn’t do that.  
 

Settings:   At the dry river.    Sens 9 max, threshold 0, mixed mode, blacksand on, 9khz or 18khz.

park: sens 8, threshold -1, mixed mode, blacksand on, 18khz.  
 

 

Nice results!  Multiple silver finds make any day a good day.

I see you had Black Sand ON at both sites.  Was that just a random choice, or did you find that it gave you either better depth or less chatter, or what?  I assume you didn't have any actual black sand at these sites.  Or did you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TallTom said:

Nice results!  Multiple silver finds make any day a good day.

I see you had Black Sand ON at both sites.  Was that just a random choice, or did you find that it gave you either better depth or less chatter, or what?  I assume you didn't have any actual black sand at these sites.  Or did you?

Hi TallTom

I used blacksand mode at the dry river because of ground noise.(blacksand/mineralization)

For the park I was hunting it was for EMI. 
 

Blacksand mode was a must for both sites.

Denny

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Denny,

I was out before sunrise New Year's Day on Juno Beach in S. Florida! Man, it was beautiful, and nice and cool out that morning! The beach was a little mushy, and the finds were few! But what a great way to kick off the New Year!!🎉🎉

20200101_071043.jpg

20200101_191004.jpg

20200101_190649.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Hey Denny,

I was out before sunrise New Year's Day on Juno Beach in S. Florida! Man, it was beautiful, and nice and cool out that morning! The beach was a little mushy, and the finds were few! But what a great way to kick off the New Year!!🎉🎉

 

Beautiful sunrise wish I was there.

Nice ring!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

    • By Scarfoot
      I made it out for a three hr. hunt yesterday and dug a dozen or so nonferrous targets in heavy iron. Still getting the minelab 800 tuned in a bit at a time. Most targets were lead casting spill. I got this 1851 seated dime and a decorative one piece button with the shank. Notice rusty deposits on the silver! I had hunted this site with My whites dfx and could not hunt this portion of it at all due to the extent of the iron trash.
      Thanks for looking


    • By Scarfoot
      I Got out for a few hrs on an iron infested site yesterday, I'm still learning the equinox 800 but after a couple months I'm figuring it out.   Found the half Reale in the first pic laying on the surface. You can see a square nail in the bottom left of the pic. The cut coin is a 2 Reale.(pictured with a previously dug 2 reale for reference) I found it about five feet away just a few inches deep.  Unfortunately both coins are completely wiped on both sides. Win some Lose some!



    • By calabash digger
      I went to a spot that I had been researching and pickings were slim. A stunner showed up and made it all worth it! 





    • By basstrackerman
      Got my new coil. Looks great!  I can't use it til I get my lower rods back from Steve . But it feels solid.  Weighs 1lb 5.6oz 


    • By Ridge Runner
      Most detectors that come out will start with a large coil and then work their way down in size .
       We all know that the Tarsacci started out with a fair size coil and then went bigger. 
       
      What I’m wondering if Tarsacci will ever see the need to making a smaller coil say something around a 9.5 X 5 are maybe a 5” round one?
       Chuck 
    • By calabash digger
      I will have a Tarsacci to test on local beach and in my test garden....https://youtu.be/8prRYNWJ7xU
×
×
  • Create New...