Beach Finds 04-01-20

Nuke em

Your beach search hours were right in line with mine when I hunted So Cal beaches.  Nice coin finds! GaryC/Oregon Coast

Great hunt even if you were following someone else. Keep up the good work and keep us informed.

I am certain that I had much more than the other person , unless he had a Gold ring ? But I didn't see the sign that Gold would be found . The beach needs a lot more taken off yet for that if older stuff like Gold is to be found . He was leaving targets all over the place , even near his holes .

Unless you are very used to night hunts its a hazard of night hunting , you cannot always see what the good areas are . 

I don't think he was using a Minelab , most other machines don't have very good tones and many good targets are left thinking they are pull tabs / ring pulls . I leave nearly nothing . But with a Minelab you get a better idea of targets and can take an educated guess at times .

• Like 2

Wow, that seems like quite a few coins for only those 2 rings on the recent hunt.  I would have expected to see some GGG?  That is part of why we enjoy detecting as you never really know.

I also like how you keep track of your finds, the total coin counts/amounts and the rings.  As you know it is always good karma to return a ring when possible.  Keep it up.

9 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Wow, that seems like quite a few coins for only those 2 rings on the recent hunt.  I would have expected to see some GGG?  That is part of why we enjoy detecting as you never really know.

I also like how you keep track of your finds, the total coin counts/amounts and the rings.  As you know it is always good karma to return a ring when possible.  Keep it up.

I have picture records back to 2013 and written records since 2007.

Gold is quite hard to find, a mate says on those beaches we search that its 1 Gold for every 7 Silver. Since 2013 its been around 4 Silvers for me. 

Hopefully tonight will be a Gold night.

Wow!!! I enjoyed reading your post. You are a committed detectorist for sure. 

Congrats on your success !!!!

What were your settings, if you don't mind? 

2 hours ago, Happa54 said:

Wow!!! I enjoyed reading your post. You are a committed detectorist for sure. 

Congrats on your success !!!!

What were your settings, if you don't mind? 

Thanks .

I will put my settings on here tomorrow with my next beach finds . 

Saw some else searching earlier whilst driving past but the tide was on the way in . If he hasn't been where i have then i might be in for another good search . But that depends on the weather and the waves . Its a bit choppy and from the wrong way.

• Like 1