Simplex+ Speaker Went Out

Well I’m not sure but I think this is my second time out with my Simplex . 

I was detecting and the last time out I had blocked several ID numbers. Before I left home I’d viewed the video on doing a reset. I told myself just do that and clear all at one time. Well that worked great and away I went detecting. After pinpointing the third target I didn’t have any sound but showed the ID .

I checked the volume and all other settings but couldn’t find anything wrong. I did hear the speaker crackle one time but that was it.

I called the repair center and they said send it in with a note saying about the trouble I’m having.

Nothing was said about the center paying shipping.. But that’s life!

Chuck 

I had to look around to find a set of headphones being I just sold one detector. It had headphones and another is wireless. I didn’t get the wireless headphones with the Simplex.

I found some that worked and they worked on the Simplex too . So the speaker is the problem.

I hate to see something that’s waterproof be opened. I think when I get it back it’s going to get a bath in a tub for a while.

Chuck 

• The title was changed to Simplex+ Speaker Went Out
18 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

I hate to see something that’s waterproof be opened. I think when I get it back it’s going to get a bath in a tub for a while.

Chuck 

They'll probably just replace it wholesale rather than bother paying the labor to open it up and repair it.  They do that with the Equinox and it costs 3 times the Simplex.

• Like 2

Well I got it double box like I received it . I’ll mail it today and it will be at the repair center by this Wednesday.

I’m going to keep track of the total turn around time to get fixed are replaced.

I’ll post it here be good,bad are indifferent.

Chuck 

Well it’s in the mail and that cost a little over 40 . Now I got about 295.00 invested with my Simplex +.

Like said on the post before this The repair center will have it Wednesday.

Chuck 

I wouldn't be surprised if you get fast service. Nokta/Makro seem really aggressive to keep customers happy.

• Like 1

Well the Post Office shows my detector made it to the repair center 10:20 AM this past Wednesday. I hope the repair center is equal to the service that I’ve received direct from the company it’s self.

Chuck