Simplex+ Speaker Went Out

Hi Chase  

My thinking is the ground rules of this repair center and may not be clear with them and Nokta Makro. I’d say the center says that they not paying for any shipping unless they told to do so from the detector company.

I do know that some time back with another detector from the same company they had no limit on paying shipping. I was getting two day shipping across the water more than one time to correct my problem.

I do believe Nokta Makro want us who buy a detector from them will do whatever it takes to make us happy.

I didn’t just buy the Simplex because I’m cheap ! I knew how cheap the detector was I’d still get great service.

Chuck 

Agree with your points, Chuck.  I was just thinking that Nokta and the repair center would be highly sensitized to go out of their way to err on the side of not making the warranty repair process a financial or administrative burden to any Simplex owner during this early phase of release of the detector since a lot of folks will be scrutinizing the process.  Furthermore, I know you are not cheap because you will buy anything new that beeps :laugh:.  But the typical Simplex buyers are likely casual users that are not going to be happy with infant mortality breakage issues (even though that is the norm for most new releases) nor with having to shell out 15% of the price of the detector to get it repaired under warranty. First impressions and all...

Chase  

If nothing else you made me laugh when you said I’d buy anything new that beeps.

You have a great day!

Chuck 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 8:08 AM, Ridge Runner said:

Chase  

If nothing else you made me laugh when you said I’d buy anything new that beeps.

You have a great day!

Chuck 

Hello there... sorry to hear that you had to send your unit to the repair center. Normally, the shipping charges to the repair center is paid by the customer and the return of the unit to the customer is covered by the manufacturer. This is standard for almost all manufacturers BUT reading your post, I would also feel bad as a consumer if this happened within the first couple of months. I will re-evaluate this for 2020. Meanwhile, please contact me at dilek.gonulay@noktadetectors.com directly. Need to follow up on your case and would like to ask you a few questions. 

• Like 2

Well I sent Dilek a email and explain what I’d done before the speaker went out.

I told her I’m sure she’s got bigger fires to put out than a little problem like a speaker.

My Uncle Chase has got me marked that I’ll buy any new detector that beeps.

Right now I just want my Simplex back working. I’m down to one detector without it and I can’t remember when it’s been like this before.

Oh it’s haha on the Uncle .

Chuck 

Steve

I got to say you hit the nail on the head with what you said.

When the Post Office said the cost I almost went into convulsions.

Here I am thinking I only paid 254 and it’s costing me what ! ? haha

I still say where else can I get so much with so little money !

Chuck 

USPS Ground is a lot less expensive but can take forever. Like weeks instead of days if you get unlucky. Apparently they wait until they get a full truck. And it can only be done in person at the Post Office. They must not like people using it because it is not offered as an online option.

I generally use Priority Mail but from Nevada I have learned that going East, once the box crosses the Mississippi, the cost triples. Seriously, an $18 box will go up to around $60. It’s become a huge issue when selling stuff online now.

• Like 1

This morning I received a email from Dilek.

The odd thing she asked what repair center in the USA did I send it to . If it’s another one here I didn’t know about it. I think the girl has too many irons in the fire trying to do it all.

Like my oldest son in business for himself and I told him he’s burning that candle at both ends.

At about 10:30 AM today the repair center has had my Simplex for one week. If it’s on the way back to me I hope they didn’t put it on that slow boat to China.

I do believe Dilek gets confused on what we say and how we say it. This cross Ms. Tx.an even sometimes I don’t understand what I’d written are said .

Hang in there Dilek you doing a great job!

Chuck