Simplex+ Speaker Went Out

Chuck,

You apparently missed the point I was originally trying to make and the fact that was just ribbing you on frequent detector purchases (I did put a smiley face after my zinger).  My point was that since you purchase a number of not so inexpensive detectors (Equinox, ORX. Simplex all within the past several months, I have bought the same detectors within the past year because I like to test them out, not because I NEED them i.e., takes one to know one) so you apparently have the means to pay the shipping charges for repair.  But you are not the target demographic for Simplex.  People are attracted to Simplex for the low price and like Steve said, might balk at paying 15% of the total cost of the detector to ship it back for a warranty repair to fix something practically right out of the gate.  Could really turn some potential Simplex buyers away.  ML was and may still be providing pre-paid shipping for warranty repairs on Equinox which makes the inevitable early failures more palatable to the early adopters.

Sincerely,

Uncle Chase

Chase   

All is well with me  but if I sounded off key it’s no big deal.

You talking about detectors well in 66 was my first store bought. Then in 72 a TR was my second one . Sometime in the 80’s I’d bought a 4900 from White’s. Then in 92 I paid 725.00 for a Eagle 2 and hunted with it until about 2000 . I went to Nome in 97 with a gold master.

I don’t know why but like you said if it beeps I’ll buy it . Maybe because back when I couldn’t afford it but the lower cost detectors is the cause of my madness.

I do know the next one will be the 540 Vanquish.

I’m the type of guy wants it to be a sad day for everybody when I go . So I’m doing my best for it to be that way.

The Best To You 

Chuck 

PS I do for my kids while I’m alive so I can hear them say Thank You Dad plus 9 grandkids 

• Like 2

Just a side note, you could have just shipped the control head, one screw holds it in place on the handle. And the search coil if also requested.

It would have cost approx $15 to ship within the USA. Using USPS.

I keep this link handy when shipping.

USA https://postcalc.usps.com/

Canada https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Sven1,

You can only do that if the repair center ins

2 hours ago, Sven1 said:

Just a side note, you could have just shipped the control head, one screw holds it in place on the handle. And the search coil if also requested.

It would have cost approx $15 to ship within the USA. Using USPS.

I keep this link handy when shipping.

USA https://postcalc.usps.com/

Canada https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Correct, but you can do that only if the repair center instructs you to do so.   ML will tell you whether you should send in the all or just part of the Equinox for repair  I get the impression that this Nokta Simplex repair center is just getting off the ground so they are still working out process bugs (shipping, what parts should be sent in for repair, etc).  Dilek is apoarently monitoring the situation so that is a good thing.  But Chuck is right, Nokta has her spread thin.  They need to clone her as she is a good rep for them. Hi Dilek if you read this.

Guest Tnsharpshooter

A new model detector released to the public.  Both the folks who own as well as the service center will have some growing pains.  The owner might not have a clue as to how the detector could be split up to reduce packages size for shipping.  So moral of the story here.  Folks when talking to a service center about any broken detector,  be sure to ask what you need to sending in exactly.   Especially,  if you the owner are paying all or part of the shipping.  It is also a fact some folks are better mechanically suited to take a detector apart vs others.  So this could play a part in how much of a detector is sent in for repairs.

If I send in a new detector in I’ll send it all together.  My reasoning is I want the same back. Yes I did pay for it to get there .

In the short time I had it and being the second time out with it I don’t think I should had to pay shipping. Dilek said she was going to address that who pays for shipping.

I understand what was said about a new repair center on a start up with a company.  I know the wheels of progress turn slow but but but. But but don’t get it done.

Chuck 

I used to sell things like ATVs and snowmobiles in Alaska and ran a service dept. So you live in middle of nowhere Alaska and buy a new snowmobile. It costs $800 to ship it by air to your village. Two weeks later the motor blows due to bad piston, covered by warranty. You pay to ship the machine back, another $800. Then when fixed, another $800 to get it back. That is the reality of most warranties. They would tell you “we did not make you live in the middle of nowhere Alaska, that was your choice.” It’s the rare companies that cover shippings costs to repair centers. Moral of the story, always read warranties when you are far from the service center, and pay attention to who covers the shipping.

You bet me do that next time RedRider . Me no get Shaft next time .Me Indian had enough .

Dilek she good woman she treat Running Bare right. Me don’t have to go on warpath.

Chuck 

58 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I used to sell things like ATVs and snowmobiles in Alaska and ran a service dept. So you live in middle of nowhere Alaska and buy a new snowmobile. It costs $800 to ship it by air to your village. Two weeks later the motor blows due to bad piston, covered by warranty. You pay to ship the machine back, another $800. Then when fixed, another $800 to get it back. That is the reality of most warranties. They would tell you “we did not make you live in the middle of nowhere Alaska, that was your choice.” It’s the rare companies that cover shippings costs to repair centers. Moral of the story, always read warranties when you are far from the service center, and pay attention to who covers the shipping.

I would just send the motor back to save on shipping costs.:laugh:

Guest Tnsharpshooter
4 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

I would just send the motor back to save on shipping costs.:laugh:

Without the spark-plugs.  That might save a little. Lol