Fisher Impulse AQ Price

6 hours ago, Luis said:

if it is put up for sale with a reasonable price it will help it sell much better

And a survey of what a reasonable price "is" would be interesting.  TDI or SDC price tiers, or maybe a little more.  There is a very long development cycle to be taken into consideration, as well as production costs.  Will the coils be machine wound or have to be laid up by hand?  Two forward looking warranty concerns,  7us tolerances(drift) & waterproof.  There are a lot of knobs on this unit and everyone of them is a potential moisture entry point.  You have to cost these factors for worst case projections so in essence you are paying for insurance up front should disaster strike.

fisher-impulse-aq-logo-white.jpg

• Like 3

Warranty & Customer Service is going to be more important than price, especially on initial release.  Bugs and failures are going to appear and quick turn around on parts and repairs are going to pay huge dividends in the long run.  Just my opinion.  Where is the factory repair facility?  GaryC/Oregon Coast

What is a reasonable price on a Eric Foster performance machine? 2000.oo would be low I would think? 2500.oo closer..And really if it performs as said...That would be a deal.

It will be interesting to see how much the testers came up with as far as issues......... catching them and saving us the grief. As much as I hunt in saltwater I do see myself in time working on it after the warranty is up...Just hope I'm not the first to do the honors. Going to be a interesting two years...

• Like 3

From just based on my experience from using the Aquastar for a number of years.  I can tell just by looking of the pictures that Rick posted of his AQ.  And what LE.JAG has said too.  That many of the Aquastar's cable problems and mechanical problems are solved by the AQ's design.  Plus the AQ is lighter too.  I would consider $3,000.00 to $3,500.00 to be a reasonable price. Knowing that it will pay for it self in a very reasonable time based on what the Aquastar found for me.  And with the spot price gold being $1,555.20 now. That means after you have found 3 ounces of pure gold after doing the math.   It is paid for.

• Like 1

Even considering the potential to pay off the detector, I feel anything over $2500 USD may turn off people right from the start.......they need to sell to a wide range of hunters and not just the ones who feel they can easily and quickly  pay off the unit. It is comparable to those who purchased expensive GPZ 7000’s......how many of them have paid off their machines? 
Hopefully the mindset at FT is not to try and recoup all of the expense in one model but spread it out over time and maybe further machines.......they really need to get AQ’s out the door in what is a niche detector (PI) in a niche hobby (beach/water metal detecting).

I do want one though....👍

• Like 2

Im with you Tony .... its still a PI and those who have never used a PI or like the better disc of a VLF with a TID screen .... and lets face it the price and warranty for VLFs may be coming down too..... may not upgrade from what they have.   I also get the hint they want to quickly move from analogue to digital with this platform.   It took awhile for the CTX to prove its worth to those who paid the full price as well.....maybe the case with this one.   Also, ive not seen to many water machines that really get wet in the first run not have some bugs to work out.

10 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

What is a reasonable price on a Eric Foster performance machine? 2000.oo would be low I would think? 2500.oo closer..And really if it performs as said...That would be a deal.

It will be interesting to see how much the testers came up with as far as issues......... catching them and saving us the grief. As much as I hunt in saltwater I do see myself in time working on it after the warranty is up...Just hope I'm not the first to do the honors. Going to be a interesting two years...

I paid my goldscan 5c
2000 euros second hand and without warranty
he was over a kilo ...

---

the biggest problems was
the coil connector and the rod
electrolysis / radiation problem
= resolved

the weak point that remains
in my opinion
this is the headphone connector

I would have preferred a mounting in ventral of the unit
less risk in water ...
in the current configuration
has thought up the battery belt (see ventral =
the higher, the better )
to avoid pulling on the audio connection

and provide a rescue cable
battery / detector (if you make them yourself, longer will be better)
and ideally / add a tensioner
so that the cable / battery-detector / is never under tension

and he shouldn't have any problem ..

+ for the price
I am in a region
where there are not many tourists
I could repay it on average every two / three months

but we can always come across a good spot
and do it in 3/4 days
or find a beautiful stone

those who have access to volcanic beaches
go, reimbursed much faster ...

• Like 3

Joe I think Steve said.... some PIs have had disc will this be better?  If not then the group will likely stay with VLFs as their choice.   Younger diggers maybe not.   But then they have a choice for depth...TDI or AQ.  Time will tell there.   If it’s just depth.... then price comes into play between the two.  I wonder how soon Fisher might go digital?  Next year?  I totally agree anything around $2500 people will buy it can be paid for.... thou 3 months maybe dreaming for most.

10 hours ago, LE.JAG said:

I paid my goldscan 5c
2000 euros second hand and without warranty
he was over a kilo ...

---

the biggest problems was
the coil connector and the rod
electrolysis / radiation problem
= resolved..........................

I'm a little concerned on the coil connector, but I can change myself later once the warranty is over. I used the Souriau connectors before, Stainless steel is the only way to go when it comes to connectors..

the weak point that remains
in my opinion
this is the headphone connector

I would have preferred a mounting in ventral of the unit
less risk in water ...
in the current configuration
has thought up the battery belt (see ventral =
the higher, the better )
to avoid pulling on the audio connection.... 

and provide a rescue cable
battery / detector (if you make them yourself, longer will be better)
and ideally / add a tensioner
so that the cable / battery-detector / is never under tension

and he shouldn't have any problem ..

I see what your saying, thank you for the tip...a tension cable to keep from pulling on the Fitting.....

+ for the price
I am in a region
where there are not many tourists
I could repay it on average every two / three months

but we can always come across a good spot
and do it in 3/4 days
or find a beautiful stone

those who have access to volcanic beaches
go, reimbursed much faster ...

I can see paying for it in a few months, once the warmer weather kicks in come Spring, just in time for the release..I hope.

thumbnail.jpg