Give The Nox 600 Some 10k Class Ring Love!!!!

Wow, awesome ring.Ā  Sweet:minelab:

• Like 1

Jeff,Ā  I too feel the EQ-600 does not get the love it deserves.Ā  Most folks don't realize it is just as deep as the big brother and for most parks, schools, urban and all beaches including in water hunts, it is the best priced and performing detector.Ā  Even hunting in old sites with average trash, it does just fine.

Your lunker of a gold ring just goes to show you are doing it right.Ā  Hats off to you my friend.

Attached photos are EQ-600 finds also.

20190108_161640c.jpg

20190121_173959.jpg

20190121_203524.jpg

20190517_143201.jpg

• Like 4

Nice find, Jeff!Ā  I'm glad I went for the Eqx 800 vs. Eqx 600 for three reasons:Ā  1) ability to customize tone breaks; 2) WM08 module included; 3) gold mode.Ā  I'm sure if I didn't know about the 800 and/or only had access to the 600 I'd still like the detector, though.Ā  And of course $250 difference has got be a factor.

Since my sister lives in the Denver area and I've hunted there with her (and with your Eureka Club) I'm wondering about your recovery techniques.Ā  I know the Denver city parks have tight restrictions on size and shape of digging tools, and some of the surrounding suburbs are more restrictive, even a few going so far as banning metal detecting.Ā  What tools and techniques do you use?

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Nice find, Jeff!Ā  I'm glad I went for the Eqx 800 vs. Eqx 600 for three reasons:Ā  1) ability to customize tone breaks; 2) WM08 module included; 3) gold mode.Ā  I'm sure if I didn't know about the 800 and/or only had access to the 600 I'd still like the detector, though.Ā  And of course $250 difference has got be a factor.

Since my sister lives in the Denver area and I've hunted there with her (and with your Eureka Club) I'm wondering about your recovery techniques.Ā  I know the Denver city parks have tight restrictions on size and shape of digging tools, and some of the surrounding suburbs are more restrictive, even a few going so far as banning metal detecting.Ā  What tools and techniques do you use?

Ā 

Ā 

Hi,

I haven't seen your sister in a while but we do get to hunt together sometimes. She can find the gold jewelry too!!!!!

I keep my Nox 800 charged up and ready to go for special occasions like gold prospecting and relic hunting. My Nox 600 does all of the daily grunt work but it sure does find jewelry!!!!!!

In the Denver area along with my awesome metal detecting, goose poop eating dog,Ā I use an 8" long flat head screwdriver that I keep very sharp, a homemade 10" ice pick type probe (with a golfball handgrip) and a Teknetics Tek Point pinpointer set to maximum sensitivity which usually gets down about 3.5" here. If possible I do coin popping by cutting a 4" long slit in the grass/turf. IĀ pryĀ it apart and excavate from there unless the target is shallow in which case I don't even dig. I just pop it out with my probe. With the Nox, I use every tool available on it, especially the horseshoe button, the on board pinpointer for sizing and exactly locating targets and the depth meter. I have to be very precise and can't afford to just useĀ the coil tip approximate pinpointing method when I'm digging withĀ a screwdriver.Ā 

Sometimes soil conditions are bad and the slit turns into a very small plug............. Ā I do my absolute best to leave no trace however. I know most of the park workers and rangers at the 30 or so parks I go to and they often are very interested in what I find and have never given me any trouble since I pick up a lot more trash than I dig and they are well aware of that. Ā I also help them find wayward sprinkler heads and stuff they have lost either at a park, at their maintenance facility or once even at one of their homes.

thanks for the questions,

Jeff

• Like 2