Potential Quartz With Gold?

Hello. I found this rock the other day that is loaded with what appears to be small veins of gold. The rock has quite a bit of quartz in it as well. What do you guys think? 

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for testing potential gold flakes at home? I’m pretty new to this so any help is greatly appreciated!

245C14B8-B575-43C1-8BCB-DFFDE727A7F2.jpeg

A1990F33-F14A-45FC-9CE4-A22CCE37B15D.jpeg

If it swirls around in the water as if it is the lightest thing instead of the heaviest thing it is possibly mica. Another clue would be if the flakes easily split into smaller flakes when poked with a pin... mica.

More detailed information on testing quartz for gold by panning

• Like 1

Taking a picture other than against glass would be helpful.  Maybe against a black background.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

5 hours ago, Aussieo2 said:

I found this rock the other day

What part of MO. did you find the rock, as I have found similar looking ones around the Potosi area.

They contained Pyrite and not gold, however I have panned a little gold from 1 of the creeks there in the past.

I forgot to mention that there are maps that will show you where the gold and silver has been found in MO.

I have found more silver than gold south of Potosi and Farmington. Northern MO. has some very good creeks/rivers for panning for gold. That would be N.W. of Hannible and west of Quincy if you know where I am talking about.