Anyone Compared The Coiltek Elite On A GPX To A 7000 Here Yet?

jasong

Just curious how it does on depth and sensitivity. Has anyone tested the Elite with some specimen type gold that the GPX misses but the 7000 screams on? Is anyone even running one over here? Most of the comments I see are in Australia. NF looks to also be coming out with a similar coil. I'm just curious how much and what sorts of improvements they give.

Hey Jasong,

I tested one of the first Coiltek Elite's here in the US with my GPX 5000 and was impressed over prior coils on the market.  It was a huge improvement.  Once they actually hit the market, there was a small rush for them.  Most of my customers have had good success, but most are not posting.  I'm sure it's new, most want to get back over spots before others, along with the heat keeping some from the field right now.  

I wouldn't give up my GPZ 7000 for a GPX 5000 and Coiltek Elite, but if you're someone looking to get more depth/sensitivity and own a Minelab SD, GP or GPX (especially on specimen gold) a Coiltek Elite Searchcoil might be the ticket. 

Nugget Finder should be releasing their version soon.  

• Like 1