By big dreamer
Hi All. Im totally new to all this fun and looking for a little advice....I hope you'll bear with me! I recently decided to build a little sluice for fun in and around the waterways of the UK. having researched it seems the vortex dream mat gets a lot of good press but the price and availability for me in the uk (for what might be only a passing fad - at the moment ) is too steep. I am lucky to have access to 3d modelling software and mould making erquipment and thought Id give making one a go. Im reaching out to see If anyone has one on this forum and if they could confirm a few dimensions? Fingers crossed and thanks in advance....
By Hepplewhite Explorations
Here is latest short video.. looking for some old cabins in our gold rush area here in British Columbia.
Check it out, hope you enjoy.. and YES.. we are totally NEWBS with the Garrett AT detector...lol.
By Steve Herschbach
Click on the button below and discover the features and innovation!
XP Metal Detectors are launching a brand-new range of Gold Prospecting products.Take your Gold hunting to another level with our new range of XP Pans / Classifiers / Batea / Accessories. The XP Gold prospecting kit will be the perfect addition to your XP ORX high frequency metal detector – The ORX has proven to be one of the most efficient Gold detectors available on today’s market, offering performance and value for money. The XP Gold Pans, Classifiers, Batea and accessories offer the same outstanding quality found in all XP products. To get the BEST results you need to use the BEST kit !
XP Metal Detectors have worked alongside some of the industries most respected gold prospecting professionals, they have helped design and develop our Gold Panning kits, to ensure you have the very best equipment in your hands.
XP Gold Kit Features
Includes the first 21st century batea!
So I am a beginner and amateur, but interested in finding gold as well as old coins, old bullets from muskets etc, relics, etc with a metal detector in Sweden. I have many thoughts about this, which I hope you can help me with, so I would be very grateful.
I list my thoughts and questions below.
1. I was thinking about hearing what you think about the possibility of finding natural gold (gold grains, etc.) in Sweden in, for example, streams, etc., with a metal detector adapted to search for and find small gold grains?
I found a website that has an article on it: http://www.detektorist.se/metalldetektor-guld/
If I understand them correctly, they mean:
- The gold you find in Sweden unlike, for example, the USA and other countries (where you can often find the whole gold nuggets, unlike in Sweden where you find mostly small gold grains if you are lucky?) Is too small for a metal detector to find or almost impossible. It needs to be at least 3 milimeters for a metal detector to found it and may only be a few cm below the ground.
- And that gold is not flattened in Sweden, which makes it even more difficult to find.
- That gold is most often found in mineralized soil, which makes it difficult for the metal detector to get real signals, distinguish gold from other metal, etc.
With that in mind, do you think it's worth it? Or waste of money? Or do you think it is wasteful and almost impossible to find gold in Sweden with a metal detector even if it is adapted for it?
I am also interested as I said to find old coins etc. Should I put down the idea of finding naturally gold in Sweden, and buy a cheaper but good detector that is more focused on old coins, old bullets from muskets etc, than one that is most focus on finding natural gold?
2. Here I can buy in Sweden, "Professional metal detectors - metal seekers for prospectors looking for gold and minerals": https://www.guldstrom.se/sv/guld-mineralletning
The metal detectors for seeking gold is:
- Minelab Equinox 800
- Minelab Gold Monster 1000
- Minelab GPX 4500
- Minelab SCD 2300 Guld detektor
- Garrett ATX
- Minelab X-Terra 705
- XP ORX metalldetektor
- Gold Rush tour 2020 Australia
- Minelab GPZ 7000 Gold detector
- Minelab GPX 5000
- Fisher Gold Bug 2
- Garrett AT Gold
Would you recommend any of these?
3. I did send the swedish company an email and they answered:
"Without a doubt, the best detector right now is the Minelab Gold Monster 1000 so this is the one to look for if you want to look for gold in Sweden.
It also manages to find mineralized stones and it can differentiate between mineralized stones and solid metal.
It is also excellent for exploring in streams and streams and the search coil is waterproof so it works great. The GM 1000 automatically adjusts itself so there are no knobs or buttons to turn on but just "whip and drive".
You can find a really small gold grain -1mm in about 5 cm
A larger gold grain of 3mm can be found in 10 cm
A large gold grain of 4mm can be found in about 15 cm"
If it is true on detektoristen.se that a gold grain must be 3 mm in Sweden, then the Minelab Gold Monster 1000 finds a gold grain of 1mm of 5 cm, 3 mm of 10 cm etc., so it does not seem to be a problem? In addition, it seems to be adapted to find gold in mineralized soil.
So do you think it can work well to find gold in Sweden with a metal detector like Minelab Gold Monster 1000, or what do you think?
Thank you very much.