Sign in to follow this  
FlyFish

A Small Coin Under A Magnetic Brick Vanquish 340

Are machines that have a ground balance being properly ground balanced to the brick?

Flyfish...

From the video and comments is clearly from the Vanquish 340 m and fixed Ground Balance ... Signal bricks is on -9..in the zone of small iron and minerals.
In this case, it would be worthwhile to try to use the Coin program or Jewerly-programs that have some degree of discrimination against iron ...

The test is also based on the reduction of sensitivity helps to better detect coin /1kopiejka SSSR/ under mineralized Brick ..
I suppose Vanquish .. when the sensitivity decreases to change RX Gain .. and the detector can better target the slow movement of the coil.

41 minutes ago, EL NINO77 said:

Flyfish...

From the video and comments is clearly from the Vanquish 340 m and fixed Ground Balance ... Signal bricks is on -9..in the zone of small iron and minerals.
In this case, it would be worthwhile to try to use the Coin program or Jewerly-programs that have some degree of discrimination against iron ...

The test is also based on the reduction of sensitivity helps to better detect coin /1kopiejka SSSR/ under mineralized Brick ..
I suppose Vanquish .. when the sensitivity decreases to change RX Gain .. and the detector can better target the slow movement of the coil.

Vanquish cannot iron from a brick not to sound. The coin under the brick sounds very well

I mean, for example, this moment..where's Vanquish reacting to the brick .... but also the video test Bricks and Coins.
   I wonder how Vanquish 340 works on Coin, Jewerly.

Certain forms of discrimination at / 0, + 1, + 2 / in Equinox contribute to a better non-ferrous ID, as well as to a better tone of non-ferrous tone ... in mineralization ..

My Vanquish 340 should be available in about 7-8 days .. so I'll do some comparison too ..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Tometusns
      Here's some of the 2019 finds... still loving the nox. 

• By 2Valen
      The other day GB-Amateur said something that caught my interest about EMI problems with the 800.
      So I could not help myself on trying to figure out why. I first rolled back to my original software 1.75 and went outside to look in my yard like i normally would.
      Every time I had gotten within 50 feet of the power lines the unit would give false ID's of what was on the ground, and it just got worse from there.
      I went further away from the lines and it would clear up until I got near the front of my home where my wifi router is located. When I looked at the display the display numbers were bouncing once again.
      When I went to the back yard away from everything the 800 was as always working like it should and I even found a 1951 quarter.
      I went back into the house to do the upgrade once again and retraced my steps with the new update.
      I had no problems under the power lines no mater how close I got to them, I did find some really good targets that I will go back and dig up when it gets warmer.
      I went to the front of my house and once again the 800 worked as it should without any interference at all. That is until I walked up to the front porch window and then I had a little bit of bouncing numbers.
      I believe that the new update has solved most if not all of the EMI problems that I have had in the past, which is a good thing for me.
      Under the power lines is where the used to tie up the horse carriages at the original church and that is where I have found some coins from the 1800's. Now with this new update I feel more confident that I will be able to find some really nice items there, and in my front yard.
      Thanks for reading and tell me what you think about your update and EMI problems since the update.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      From Link deleted since Findmall update broke old links
      “We will be offering a few different shaft options for the Equinox including the 36" carbon fiber regular shaft with lower rod, a one piece carbon fiber shallow water scuba shaft, and Zero Flex fiberglass shafts in custom Anderson colors”
      http://andersondetectorshafts.com/

• By calabash digger
      Here it is the long awaited I D test....

• By abenson
      Just got back from 3 days in Oceanside, CA it was nice to get out of the cold here in Utah. Came back to 9 inches of snow this morning.
      Didn't take a PI this time because I wanted to see how the Equinox 11" coil and Vanquish V12 coil compared to each other on the beach. Area I hunted was North and South of the pier. This beach can be awesome after a big storm. I've been there before when one day you can literally pick up targets off the hard pan because the sand has been totally stripped away and the next day 2 ft of sand has washed back in. Sand was pretty deep this time all 3 days, in areas at about a foot you would hit a rocky layer where the targets would settle. Tried hunting in the water with the Equinox a few times but it was just too rough and took way too long to recover good targets. So most of my time was spent between the towel line and waters edge. Nothing exciting found, a bunch of change, and ear gauge and 1 junk ring.
      A few people have said that the Vanquish appears to be Equal to the Equinox in Beach 1 mode and I would have to agree. I ran the Equinox in Beach 1 sensitivity at about 21 and the Vanquish in Jewelry mode, iron bias low. sensitivity 1 notch below max and both machines were very quite. Switching off between the two I didn't really notice any difference in depth both machines recovered several nickels and quarters at the 12" mark and pennies and dime around the 9" mark. Most stuff I recovered was 6" or more in depth. Target ID on the Vanquish is rock solid on good targets, even the deeper Quarters and Nickels I dug gave a solid ID. ID's that were jumpy always turned out to be a corroded piece of aluminum or zinc penny. The only area the Vanquish struggled was in places where there were multiple targets and especially targets mixed in with iron. Because this beach is replenished from time to time with sand pumped from the harbor and other areas, there tends to be places where boat parts, fishing hooks and other junk congregates. I had several instances where I had to use the Equinox because there were just too many targets to separate out the good ones. One in particular I ran into with the Vanquish but had to switch to the Equinox turned out to be a small piece of aluminum, a stainless ear gauge, and a quarter mixed with iron trash in a small 1 foot by 1 foot area. The Vanquish was unable dial in on one target although I could tell there was more than just iron there due to the mix of positive numbers.
      Overall I would have to say the Vanquish is the most capable beach detector I've seen in it's price range (unless you need waterproof). I felt quite confident I wasn't missing much when using the Vanquish unless I was in a junk filled area. Great detector for a beginner, child, to loan out or as a backup for your Equinox. One thing I did notice when changing between the 2, the Vanquish is a little nose heavy compared to the Equinox. If you're getting one for a small child to use I would suggest getting one with the smaller coil or switching it out to the smaller one on the 540.

• By Steve Herschbach
      To be announced mid-September.....
      Link deleted since Findmall Forum update broke all old links
      http://md-hunter.com/minelab-announces-sensation-new-2017/
      http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,129405,129412
      http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,130332
      http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,130667
      http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,130692

From https://www.minelab.com/usa/go-minelabbing/news?article=315332
      "We are very excited to announce that our newest metal detector will be unveiled at Detectival UK Rally on Sep 16th, 2017. Detectival will be held from the 15th to the 17th of September on 1,000 acres of undetected land close to the medieval market towns of Burford and Charlbury, approximately two hours outside of London. 
      This event, proudly sponsored by Minelab, will also be a great opportunity to learn more about our new technology, meet with Minelab staff for product demonstations and participate in token hunts with other metal detecting enthusiasts from across the globe! Best of all, all proceeds from the event raffle will be given to two charities: Asthma UK and the Lullaby Trust."