Has anyone experienced either of the following with his/her Equinox:
1) unpredictable, spontaneous restart after the unit has been turned on and has been operating for at least several minutes? (I did notice that any change of settings I had made post turn-on and prior to this unexpected restart were not saved),
2) trouble starting up -- unit restarts itself during its startup procedure? (I've seen this do the recycle loop anywhere from just once to maybe 4 or 5 times, but usually it heals itself. Other times I've physically turned it off and back on).
I've operated my Eqx 800 well over 500 hours on between 150 and 200 hunts. Prior to yesterday I'd seen each of these about half dozen times or less. Yesterday in my back yard, doing some air testing with the Eqx stationary, #1 happened between 5 and 10 times in about a 20 minute period.
Took simplex underwater for first time and after three seconds or so a pop and screen had lines go through it and speaker loud screech and then nothing and will not cut on. This was sent to me by Dilek herself to try out and test. I have contacted her and let her know. No replacement or anything. So I guess since I was testing it and I enjoyed it on land use and found a few civil war buttons but as soon as I submerged it and the machine failed so I failed as a tester? Idk tell me. My Equinox never did this.
I'm from France, working with a GPX4500 of 2003.
Yesterday when I started this old guy, I was affraid by this problem :
- Sound when the treshold start is strange.
- The autotune (research for free frequency) is a stable sound, with no variation.
- And no power ! about 5 inch max for my metal digging pickaxe.
I tried some factory resets, but the problem is always the same...
I tried this one with another disc, trakking button, cable, headphone, battery, the problem come from the main box...
Anyone knows this problem ?
Thank you and have a nice day.
Guys, I wonder, does anyone know or have a diagram of the coil connector pinout?
Apologies, didn't mean to start new topic, but it was moved separate. It may come handy for others perhaps.
I'm going to tap into those wires to find out what they are once I have an inline connector made.