Woo Hoo! Update On My Silver Sandwich!

IdahoPeg

4 hours ago, IdahoPeg said:

It was basically a one day event at one of the several beaches I checked that day...nice big cut! But the morons are AGAIN renourishing the whole area now, so we’ll need a huge Nor’easter to come by to open things up again. What a waste of money.

I agree with the waste.  Florida's coastline changes so give it room to change rather than rebuild so quickly.

Where does the renourishment sand come from?  (A good claim I hope!)  haha

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I agree with the waste.  Florida's coastline changes so give it room to change rather than rebuild so quickly.

Where does the renourishment sand come from?  (A good claim I hope!)  haha

Apparently they dredge sand from Canaveral Shoals to barges 5 miles off the Cape, then truck it to different areas. I would assume it’s been surveyed etc to make sure no wrecks there lol. In some prior years they used crappy inland sand but people complained. This year’s project along my particular treasure hunting beach sites will make it especially bad for detecting...they are super building up the dunes along with the beach as I type this. It’ll take a huge storm to open it up...I’m so happy and grateful I found my little Spanish treasures before they dumped on them!

• Like 4

20 hours ago, IdahoPeg said:

It was basically a one day event at one of the several beaches I checked that day...nice big cut! But the morons are AGAIN renourishing the whole area now, so we’ll need a huge Nor’easter to come by to open things up again. What a waste of money.

I agree, Peg.  They're renourishing Anna Maria Island on the Gulf side starting in a few weeks.  Millions of taxpayer dollars to pump sand onto the beach so it can wash away again in a few weeks to a few months or following one good storm.  Repeat in 2 or 3 years.  Sad.

• Like 1

That must have been a rush when that popped open! 

5 minutes ago, IDdesertman said:

That must have been a rush when that popped open! 

Actually they were all black with the hard coating inside, couldn’t see any markings...but several hours of rubbing on wet aluminum foil safely took it off and showed the awesomeness! 

I felt like the kid in Karate Kid...”wax on, wax off”....HOURS of rubbing them on foil lol! Surprised I’m not sore! 😄

• Like 1