What Program Would You Have Chosen, And Why?

Airtemisa

I share an image of today.

It is a beach, at low tide, and the sand is not too mineralized.

I have always used the Beach1 mode, but I have doubts about using Beach2 (or other custom)

Yes, I know that it is best to test - error, but some of you have a lot of experience, and that is why I would like to hear your comments and why. And if it's another way, I'm all ears.

Thank you so much guys!

IMG-20200111-WA0034.jpg

Choosing between Beach 1 and 2 is not the only setting you need to address.  In either mode you should “dial in” the EQX to suit the conditions.  Noise cancel, Ground Balance, Sensitivity, recovery speed, iron bias all interact to give you optimal performance.  

You can certainly run in factory settings but you can optimize the capabilities of the EQX by “dialing in” those factors I listed.

Just the view from my foxhole...

• Like 1

I prefer Beach 1, 23 if I can run it that way and all metal without any bias.  I've turned up the volume on iron because at depth the negative number changes to a positive.  I dig everything if I have time because I'm always proving my assumptions wrong every few days.

• Like 1

I usually, detect in beach 1 because I do not run in water. Of course I do noise canceling, ground balancing, and play with recovery speed in order to get better discrimination and more depth. I use some FE2 and all metal. I'm not newby, some years detecting now 😎

What I tried to get with the photo was people involving to view differences in the way different people use different settings for the same scenario. 

About the question if I get the desired results, the answer is No 🤷‍♂️. I miss a little more depth, and it's impressive how using recovery speed from 4 to 6 (and proper other settings) , I need to swype very slow, because if I don't swype this way too slow, the detector "jumps" objectives. Increasing recovery speed is not an option, because the depth is ridiculous. 

That's why I asked without showing my cards, to discover something new😉

Maybe is due to the mineralization of the sand. Does exist any way to measure the mineralization of the terrain? 

I just wish I had a beach that people actually goes to near me, if I did I would try all the modes on my 800.

Beach 1 on sand like that.

I use Beach 2 when in the water submerged

...why ? because to me they work best and have been most productive in those situations.

Beach 1 and NO ground balancing, NO disc and run all metal.If you get chatter then put it in beach 2,you loos a little bit of depth in beach 2 but it calms the Nox when you come across a mineralized area.

On 1/13/2020 at 5:45 AM, Airtemisa said:

Thanks 2Valen... Sometimes I've tried also gold mode... And it's incredible that it gets more depth than any other mode in that conditions, but I loose discrimination... And that is a must! 

You don't lose discrimination in gold mode.  You only lose tone ID.  You still have visual ID.

• Like 2