Raking For Gold On The Beach And In The Water

20 hours ago, Compass said:

In addition to the sand comb I am also eagerly awaiting the arrival of some rake tines similar to the ones in the first video. They are available from Ruslan of Stavr Scoops of Ukraine.

I would be interested in what the ones you get look like and what they end up costing delivered. :smile:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I would be interested in what the ones you get look like and what they end up costing delivered. 

No problem Steve. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, okara gold said:

If I recall most, if not all the chains were low single digits 1 to 3, maybe a 5 in there somewhere with a high sensitivity level around 23, beach 1 or 2, I use depending on the incoming waves. Beach 1 is too chatty if the waves are hitting the coil.

Thanks okara gold, I usually opt for the Nox at the lake and a pulse at the beach (for the depth). May I ask what coil you found your chains with?

5 minutes ago, Compass said:

Thanks okara gold, I usually opt for the Nox at the lake and a pulse at the beach (for the depth). May I ask what coil you found your chains with?

I use the stock 11 inch. I am patiently waiting for a new PI. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, okara gold said:

I use the stock 11 inch. I am patiently waiting for a new PI. 

Thank you okara gold. You have done very well!

16 hours ago, okara gold said:

These gold chains were all found with the Nox. Only 1 in the water and the rest buried in wet salt sand. Only several inches on any of them. The one on the top did have an attached heart so that was helpful as I'm sure that fine chain wouldn't have been picked up alone.

chains.jpeg

Very good hunting Okara gold. The freshwater hunters will be able to hit  chains harder because they can  use park 2  or the gold modes.My  pullsifter has 1/4 inch holes so you have to watch or they can go in the holes like a snake.Sometimes they get tangled up in all the   junk.I enjoy  using a   pullsifter. It  discriminates by size.I want to try 1/8  inch holes like a Keene bucket classifier.I could catch a diamond and it would sift as good as my spread out 1/4 inch holes. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 5:28 PM, Compass said:

No problem Steve. 

I am also am interested in the tines you’ll be getting Compass.

Thanks,

Mike

9 hours ago, delnorter said:

I am also am interested in the tines you’ll be getting Compass.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, Here is a link to the web site where I purchased mine. I will report how it goes- successful or not.

https://stavrscoop.com/en/19-stavr-rake-.html

• Like 1