Show Your Expected Gold Targets

Good lesson for newbies.  You've got to kiss a lot of pigs first!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Rob Allison said:

I have dug many targets that sounded like iron rubbish, double signals, breaking up, screaming loud and so on, that were large gold nuggets!! 

Sounds just like trying to find rings at a park or lake.

Best advice is to dig everything when looking for the gold.

• Like 2

I have the sound programmed into my auditary temporal lobe ..... Everything I dig is lead or nuggets with my old detector...... I can feel and use the quessing game with a bullet case or iron or pull tab ...... Lead and gold using my SD2200D tone sounds equal and even how deep it is, all by sound and headphones.

Borrowed a GPX 4500 from a friend yesterday and dug some casings, but the main thing is knowing your detector well....... I dug plenty of lead yesterday.....

I have been using my old detector for (5) years and dug thousands of targets.... So I recognize the gold and lead sound...... So it's a 50-50% for me.......

A guy I got to know in 1980 told me the story of the 36 oz nugget he used as a door stop in his "trash and treasure" shop. He and two other Pro gold detectorist were out one day when he got a large signal his bother saw him and shouted out that's a large bit of JUNK the other guy said I hit that too. George said he dug it up and the other two could not believe what he got.

• Like 1