Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitters

Dan(NM)

I was wondering if someone has a 5.0 bluetooth transmitter that they've paired with the Nox to see if it is actually APTX LL or not.  I have 3 models of the Taotronics TT-Ba07, 08 and 09, none give the + sign when paired to the machine. I'm not trying to use it with the Nox, but another machine. My Q-12 earbuds when paired have the + sign. I need a transmitter to use with the Q-12's for minimum lag.  Any input or suggestions would be bigly appreciated.

1 hour ago, Dan(NM) said:

I was wondering if someone has a 5.0 bluetooth transmitter that they've paired with the Nox to see if it is actually APTX LL or not.  I have 3 models of the Taotronics TT-Ba07, 08 and 09, none give the + sign when paired to the machine. I'm not trying to use it with the Nox, but another machine. My Q-12 earbuds when paired have the + sign. I need a transmitter to use with the Q-12's for minimum lag.  Any input or suggestions would be bigly appreciated.

The BT 4 2 version of both these APTX LL transmitters pair up with my BT APTX LL headphones and I have used both of them successfully in LL mode with my GPX.  I use the same headphones (Miccus SR-71's) with my Equinox and GPX.  I have not tried to verify by pairing with my Equinox, but I pretty much know by ear whether I am LL or not.  Definitely LL with these. I see they are now BT 5.0 but still designated APTX LL so they should show check mark when paired as a receiver to the EQX.  Dunno why they don't.  FWIW.

TROND Bluetooth V5.0 Transmitter Receiver for TV PC iPod, 2-in-1 Wireless 3.5mm Adapter (AptX Low Latency, Pair with 2 Bluetooth Headphones Simultaneously), Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B4W40VC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_HyqhEbFYDR1FS

TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver, 2-in-1 Wireless 3.5mm Adapter (aptX Low Latency, 2 Devices Simultaneously, For TV/Home Sound System) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EHSX28M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_nFqhEbG25PF6C

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 4:18 PM, Chase Goldman said:

The BT 4 2 version of both these APTX LL transmitters pair up with my BT APTX LL headphones and I have used both of them successfully in LL mode with my GPX.  I use the same headphones (Miccus SR-71's) with my Equinox and GPX.  I have not tried to verify by pairing with my Equinox, but I pretty much know by ear whether I am LL or not.  Definitely LL with these. I see they are now BT 5.0 but still designated APTX LL so they should show check mark when paired as a receiver to the EQX.  Dunno why they don't.  FWIW.

TROND Bluetooth V5.0 Transmitter Receiver for TV PC iPod, 2-in-1 Wireless 3.5mm Adapter (AptX Low Latency, Pair with 2 Bluetooth Headphones Simultaneously), Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B4W40VC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_HyqhEbFYDR1FS

TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver, 2-in-1 Wireless 3.5mm Adapter (aptX Low Latency, 2 Devices Simultaneously, For TV/Home Sound System) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EHSX28M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_nFqhEbG25PF6C

Well, I'd be interested if you put them in receive mode and paired to the Nox if the + symbol would display. I have the same Taotronic 5.0, but, no symbol for APTX LL  on the Nox.  My goal is to reduce lag as much as is possible if you know what I mean.

I am still going to test the 4.2 units in receive mode with the EQX because I always thought I could use them as a compact LL alternative receiver instead of the WM08 which is a tad bulkier (my idea was to attach them to an NDT GG headset using a short patch cord as a self-contained home-brew converted wireless headset).  Sounds like that may not be an option.  I'll report back to verify whether the 4.2 units are behaving differently than the 5.0 units in receive mode.

• The title was changed to Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitters
27 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

I am still going to test the 4.2 units in receive mode with the EQX because I always thought I could use them as a compact LL alternative receiver instead of the WM08 which is a tad bulkier (my idea was to attach them to an NDT GG headset using a short patch cord as a self-contained home-brew converted wireless headset).  Sounds like that may not be an option.  I'll report back to verify whether the 4.2 units are behaving differently than the 5.0 units in receive mode.

That was something that I also considered in case my WM 08 went belly-up.. It would be a very affordable alternative for someone that had a 600 as well. I'll be interested in your results.

• Like 1

I ordered this (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B4W40VC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_HyqhEbFYDR1FS ) back in December, and it works as a receiver and transmitter. My son used it on a Teknetics G2 with the Minelab headphones that came with the 800. Paired up well with no noticable lag. In fact, he found his first gold ring ever using it. He never liked having wires in the way and found the Bluetooth connection to be far better. FWIW, he was digging the lower signals in the pulltab and nickel range as instructed; he got paid for listening well. I was so happy that he found it and not me. Nothing like finding that first gold ring!

IMG_20200111_230746.jpg

IMG_20200111_231036.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/13/2020 at 8:15 PM, Againstmywill said:

I ordered this (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B4W40VC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_HyqhEbFYDR1FS ) back in December, and it works as a receiver and transmitter. My son used it on a Teknetics G2 with the Minelab headphones that came with the 800. Paired up well with no noticable lag. In fact, he found his first gold ring ever using it. He never liked having wires in the way and found the Bluetooth connection to be far better. FWIW, he was digging the lower signals in the pulltab and nickel range as instructed; he got paid for listening well. I was so happy that he found it and not me. Nothing like finding that first gold ring!

Good job on being a good teacher and congrats to your son for listening to dad. Sometimes we do know what we're talking about 😉

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2020 at 9:53 PM, Dan(NM) said:

That was something that I also considered in case my WM 08 went belly-up.. It would be a very affordable alternative for someone that had a 600 as well. I'll be interested in your results.

Managed to run this test, finally.  Unfortunately my results with the BT 4.1 version units duplicated yours.  For some unfathomable reason, the units do not receive in APTX LL mode even though they transmit in APTX LL mode.  So much for these little guys being a poor man's substitute for the WM08.  This despite the following statement in the product description:

APTX & APTX LOW LATENCY. Powered by premium CSR8670 chipset, TROND BT-DUO supports aptX & aptX Low Latency in both TX and RX mode. You can watch movies while listening to wireless audio in a synchronized fashion and without any noticeable audio delay.

SMH.