Dan(NM)

Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitters

3 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Managed to run this test, finally.  Unfortunately my results with the BT 4.1 version units duplicated yours.  For some unfathomable reason, the units do not receive in APTX LL mode even though they transmit in APTX LL mode.  So much for these little guys being a poor man's substitute for the WM08.  This despite the following statement in the product description:

APTX & APTX LOW LATENCY. Powered by premium CSR8670 chipset, TROND BT-DUO supports aptX & aptX Low Latency in both TX and RX mode. You can watch movies while listening to wireless audio in a synchronized fashion and without any noticeable audio delay.

SMH.

I bought a Trond BT Duo 5.0 Bluetooth TR/RX, paired with Nox showing the + symbol. Unfortunately, the devise is defective and there's no audio and the battery dies after 15 minutes. I had to get a refund on it and have a Trond BT Duo S and a Trond BT Duo II on the way. I'll post my result when I can. If it works, it would be a very affordable way for Nox 600 users to have a way to run bluetooth.

22 hours ago, Dan(NM) said:

I bought a Trond BT Duo 5.0 Bluetooth TR/RX, paired with Nox showing the + symbol. Unfortunately, the devise is defective and there's no audio and the battery dies after 15 minutes. I had to get a refund on it and have a Trond BT Duo S and a Trond BT Duo II on the way. I'll post my result when I can. If it works, it would be a very affordable way for Nox 600 users to have a way to run bluetooth.

Getting one myself, since the product description says dual TX/RX compatibility in the 5.0 version writeup I assume that it may not have been present in the 4.1 design.  I notice that TaoTronics did not make this claim in their similar device writeup.

On 1/20/2020 at 3:31 PM, Chase Goldman said:

Getting one myself, since the product description says dual TX/RX compatibility in the 5.0 version writeup I assume that it may not have been present in the 4.1 design.  I notice that TaoTronics did not make this claim in their similar device writeup.

Update:  I tested the new 5.0 version of the Trond BT- DUO module and it connects as APTX LL (+ symbol) and fortunately was not defective like Dan's.  It's a keeper for me.

41 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Update:  I tested the new 5.0 version of the Trond BT- DUO module and it connects as APTX LL (+ symbol) and fortunately was not defective like Dan's.  It's a keeper for me.

Chase, I received a new one and it works, APTX LL in TR and RX, also bought a Trond 5.0 BT DUO II, same results + symbol in both modes. 

• Like 1