Dan(NM)

Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitters

3 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Managed to run this test, finally.  Unfortunately my results with the BT 4.1 version units duplicated yours.  For some unfathomable reason, the units do not receive in APTX LL mode even though they transmit in APTX LL mode.  So much for these little guys being a poor man's substitute for the WM08.  This despite the following statement in the product description:

APTX & APTX LOW LATENCY. Powered by premium CSR8670 chipset, TROND BT-DUO supports aptX & aptX Low Latency in both TX and RX mode. You can watch movies while listening to wireless audio in a synchronized fashion and without any noticeable audio delay.

SMH.

I bought a Trond BT Duo 5.0 Bluetooth TR/RX, paired with Nox showing the + symbol. Unfortunately, the devise is defective and there's no audio and the battery dies after 15 minutes. I had to get a refund on it and have a Trond BT Duo S and a Trond BT Duo II on the way. I'll post my result when I can. If it works, it would be a very affordable way for Nox 600 users to have a way to run bluetooth.

22 hours ago, Dan(NM) said:

I bought a Trond BT Duo 5.0 Bluetooth TR/RX, paired with Nox showing the + symbol. Unfortunately, the devise is defective and there's no audio and the battery dies after 15 minutes. I had to get a refund on it and have a Trond BT Duo S and a Trond BT Duo II on the way. I'll post my result when I can. If it works, it would be a very affordable way for Nox 600 users to have a way to run bluetooth.

Getting one myself, since the product description says dual TX/RX compatibility in the 5.0 version writeup I assume that it may not have been present in the 4.1 design.  I notice that TaoTronics did not make this claim in their similar device writeup.

On 1/20/2020 at 3:31 PM, Chase Goldman said:

Getting one myself, since the product description says dual TX/RX compatibility in the 5.0 version writeup I assume that it may not have been present in the 4.1 design.  I notice that TaoTronics did not make this claim in their similar device writeup.

Update:  I tested the new 5.0 version of the Trond BT- DUO module and it connects as APTX LL (+ symbol) and fortunately was not defective like Dan's.  It's a keeper for me.

41 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Update:  I tested the new 5.0 version of the Trond BT- DUO module and it connects as APTX LL (+ symbol) and fortunately was not defective like Dan's.  It's a keeper for me.

Chase, I received a new one and it works, APTX LL in TR and RX, also bought a Trond 5.0 BT DUO II, same results + symbol in both modes. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MannyScoot
      Got my new steelPHASE 01 enhancer from Rob's today.... Let's try and see if it helps the 4500 find elusive gold....
      Anyone using these ?

• By Redneck
      I will be taking the Simplex swimming this summer, and looked into some underwater headphones.  N/M makes UW phones for the Kruzer and Anfibio,
      and they will also work on the Simplex.  On some of the forums some of the owners of the N/M  UW phones mentioned they are not loud enough.
      I ran into the same issue with the nox phones from Minelab.  Too quiet for my 60 yr old ears. I ended up getting some LS Pelso phones and they had nice volume.
      But I sold them along with the nox last year.   I checked with kellyco who is a distributor for Pelso, and they did not know if Pelso made the UW phones for 
      The Simplex, Kruzer and Anfibio.  I went on Ebay. and sure enough there was one set for the Simplex that the manufacturer in Hungary had listed. 
      Cost $94 with one week shipping.  Well they arrived today.  I plugged them into the Simplex, turned it on, still had the volume in the machine cranked up to 4, swept a quarter past the coil, and my head almost exploded. 🤢!!  I turned the volume down in the Simplex to 1, and the volume is just right for me now.
      If you need a louder set of UW phones, check out the Pelso brand. A nice snug fit, good quality as well.   HH & Swimming.
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      Using Wi Stream module is helping me vs Bluetooth wireless headphones.
      Like to hear some other folks reports using Wi Stream with Nox in difficult sites.

• By GB_Amateur
      Just ordered these:

and paired with one of these portable chargers (for example)::
      am wondering if it will work prospecting in the US Southwest desert.  (If not it won't be the first time I've wasted $10, even this month.)  I'll report back when they arrive, but given it's Christmas rush for shippers it may not be until after Christmas.
      Here's a link to a Google Search which shows several places to buy the above speakers.  And just one choice of the USB charger/power-pack of many on the market.

• By Steve Herschbach
      The Minelab ML-80 headphone is made by another company and sold under other brand names. The Miccus Stealth SR-71 has been a popular alternative. Unfortunately an update has possibly made the latest version of these headphones incompatible with the Minelab Equinox. From this ad:
      "IMPORTANT NOTE FOR METAL DETECTOR USE: The current SR-71 Bluetooth 5.0 release DOES NOT work with metal detecting equipment. The reviews are citing earlier 4.2 versions of the headphones."
      This also for the Miccus website:
      "Are different brands of Bluetooth products compatible? Yes. Bluetooth manufacturers are required to make their Bluetooth products compatible with all other Bluetooth devices; failure to meet this requirement means products cannot legally display the Bluetooth logo. Just because a device is Bluetooth enabled, however, does not mean it supports the A2DP stereo music profile. All Miccus Bluetooth products support A2DP and will only work with other Bluetooth devices that support the A2DP profile as well."

• By groundscanner
      Does anyone have any recommendations for aftermarket aptX low latency headphones for the 800?  I have hearing problems and I am not happy with the sound quality of the Minelab headphones.  They have a mushy sound and I prefer a crisper sound.  I have Killer B's that sound much better but I prefer not to deal with a wired connection
      Thanks!