Detecting Arizona Blm Claimed Club Land Tips Needed

Hi Forum

Not sure if this is the right place for this topic. I’m heading out Arizona way for some gold detecting, flown in from South Africa so I need some guidance.Im looking for a good claims club and BLM land to detect on. I’m visiting Wickenburg area as a starting point. Roadrunners has been suggested by a few friends. BLM land also important and options.If any one can shed some light this would be great.Off the beaten track no worries 

Thanks and look forward to any help offered

• Like 2

Hey Highlandhowler,

As some of your friends suggested, I would consider the Roadrunner's Prospecting Club.  It's a bit more expensive than some other clubs like the GPAA, but they have great claims. You might want to look into a Lifetime member for sale or ask if they offer shorter duration memberships.  A lifetime membership is $1500, but I see Lifetime memberships being sold in their bi-monthly Bird Tailings mailer for about $400-450 plus transfer fees. 

Wishing you much success out here in Arizona.

Rob

• Like 3

Have you detected for gold in the Africa Continent, if so I and i'm sure others, would like to hear about your adventures. Best of luck in Arizona and get plenty of gold on your trip.🤞

• Like 2

We belong to Roadrunner and some of the claims have good potential for detecting. An annual membership is about $320. I would not ignore GPAA. A couple claims in that area are OK for detecting. Weaver Mining District has claims but not sure of cost or detector potential. Finally, Quartzite Metal Detectors Club is $20 per year with a couple claims. Stop at a BLM office for maps!

• Like 1

Hey Arky,

It's my understanding the Weaver Mining District lost all their claims a few years ago and the club is no longer running.  Many of their claims have been picked up by individuals and some clubs.  

If you have any other solid information about Weaver, let us know.  It was a great club with great claims originally. 

Rob

• Like 1