Gpz Small Coils Email From Nuggetfinder

So after my last post in my search for a decision on what detecter to get, between another gpx or gpz knowing NF are working on coils for the gpz and the lack of small coil options is what has kept me from a gpz I thought I'd email NF and ask if a small coil was in the pipeline and got a interesting email back. As you can see I found it interesting that they can only go so small with DOD configuration but lookomg and testing a new alternative allowing them to make small coils... Fingers crossed 

Screenshot_20200115_075831_com.google.android.gm.jpg

• Like 9

I would be happy if NF makes a small coil, too.  This would likely bring down the cost of the Russion 10".  If not, then I have to agree with others, it is likely not worth the smaller coil option.  I have loved having the small 10"coil, but still have not found enough tiny bits to pay for it.  (especially since the 14" coil will get down to a grain and sometimes smaller if making contact with the coil) 

The only way I would probably buy yet another small coil is if I had a Sadie 8x6 size coil.  To me, that is the perfect size, but likely not manufacturable for the GPZ.