PPP

Detectors Which Challenges AQ In Raw Depth

I think the Garrett ATX challenges the AQ most and maybe TDIBH come close after ATX only in raw depth.I have myself an ATX and hunt my beach with it. Max sensitivity givs me around 15 inches for a normal coin size object.My Garrett sea hunter is absolutly no match and even my Equinox has no chance.The fair comparisson is ATX (PI , almost same coil size,waterproof ) I think the AQ has only one tone for both high and low conductive targets and one for iron.The ATX has one tone for high and one tone for low conductive targets but you have no tone for iron which makes one to digg all.

The ATX was my favorite Garrett ever. I finally sold it though and am boycotting Garrett over their refusal to make a Garrett LTX. I've had money burning a hole in my pocket for years to get a dry land ATX that weighs less and uses regular coils. But since Garrett refuses I'll take a 4.5 lb Fisher Impulse instead of another 7 lb ATX. If the Impulse has exactly the same performance as my old ATX and simply weighs 4.5 lbs instead of 7 lbs I'll be a happy detectorist. And if extra coils come out for the Impulse that cost less than $500 like ATX coils I will be happier yet. I have never been so frustrated with a company over a detector as I am with Garrett and the ATX. A truly fine PI circuit hobbled by the housing. If they had put it in a proper dry land housing with regular coils they could have put a real fire under Minelab in the gold prospecting market. The window for opportunity is now closing though, and the opportunity will soon be lost for Garrett. So sad. :mellow:

Anyway, that's my low bar. At least equal the ATX for performance, and weigh less, and I will be very satisified. If the Impulse AQ can't do that then Fisher will have wasted a lot of time and money.

garrett-ltx-lightweight-atx-modification-infinium-10-coil.jpg

• Like 1

At this point we really don’t have anything to confirm how deep this detector might be.   It’s not out yet... things change.   Comparisons will be better made once more people get their hand on it and see how it does in their conditions

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

At this point we really don’t have anything to confirm how deep this detector might be.   It’s not out yet... things change.   Comparisons will be better made once more people get their hand on it and see how it does in their conditions

Yep, and also may take even longer for some tricks to surface to see how well it really can perform. I'm not the best detectorist out there by any means, so it usually takes me a year to find some of the better settings. For those who detect regularly, they may find some settings that even the designers didn't imagine. It's been a long time since, for me, a machine may come out and be as good or better than my GPX in certain conditions. 

• Like 1

I’ve tested the ATX against my TDIBH.........There is a definite depth advantage with the White’s. Here is a list of depth champions that I have personally compiled over many years. This is on a buried gold ring that I use as my reference.

#1.  White’s TDIBH with 14.7v battery (12” coil)

#2.  Deepstar 3 (11” coil)

#3. Minelab SD2100 (11” coil)

#4.  Garrett ATX (large coil)

Where will the Impulse AQ fit in.........maybe it will be the new #1 ?

I certainly hope so 👍

Tony

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tony said:

I’ve tested the ATX against my TDIBH.........There is a definite depth advantage with the White’s. Here is a list of depth champions that I have personally compiled over many years. This is on a buried gold ring that I use as my reference.

#1.  White’s TDIBH with 14.7v battery (12” coil)

#2.  Deepstar 3 (11” coil)

#3. Minelab SD2100 (11” coil)

#4.  Garrett ATX (large coil)

Where will the Impulse AQ fit in.........maybe it will be the new #1 ?

I certainly hope so 👍

Tony

Its hard to believe that TDIBH beat the ATX in depth.Do you mean by ATX large coil 12inch coil or the big deepseeker? i have both and used both in wet sand and in saltwater.The big deepseeker(20x15 i think) is constantly overload in the water and you have to push the reset button all the time to calm it down.I have seen a lot of TDIBH videos, but didnt see deep targets recovered with it.Unfortunatly there isnt any comparisson video regarding TDIBH vs ATX

Don’t doubt it myself. He is using a battery boosted version of the TDIBH which puts it closer to Pulsescan specs.

• Like 4

Been nice if Carter Pennington got one of the first "AQ's", he does do some interesting tests. And he hunts in the water with most, not just the wet sand.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PPP said:

I think the Garrett ATX challenges the AQ most and maybe TDIBH come close after ATX only in raw depth.I have myself an ATX and hunt my beach with it. Max sensitivity givs me around 15 inches for a normal coin size object.My Garrett sea hunter is absolutly no match and even my Equinox has no chance.The fair comparisson is ATX (PI , almost same coil size,waterproof ) I think the AQ has only one tone for both high and low conductive targets and one for iron.The ATX has one tone for high and one tone for low conductive targets but you have no tone for iron which makes one to digg all.

The ATX with stock double D coil will not detect deeper than the AQ.  AQ uses a mono coil.  So does the TDI.   A mono coil on the ATX will probably get you same depth as TDI. I doubt if ATX will detect deeper than the AQ even with a mono coil.

17 hours ago, Denny said:

The ATX with stock double D coil will not detect deeper than the AQ.  AQ uses a mono coil.  So does the TDI.   A mono coil on the ATX will probably get you same depth as TDI. I doubt if ATX will detect deeper than the AQ even with a mono coil.

I want to see a head to head comparrison between ATX and TDIBH. There is no video out there.Can anyone make a video about this?? ATX mono coil VS TDIBH