January Gold From The Chesapeake Bay (15)

1 hour ago, LE.JAG said:

very nice rings 👍
Joe, you never tried a vision seal for water

https://www.amazon.fr/Reef-Scope-Underwater-View-Blanc/dp/B00I50NPU4

when the water is clear enough
saves time to locate the target
without putting your head underwater  //
she doesn't look very hot 🙂
fix next to the sieve, could be useful...

Thank you LE JAG, To be honest I've got so use to hunt without visibility it just comes natural. I would say of the 5 hours I hunted................ I hunted with my eyes closed 3 hours or more. I find I have less distractions and can focus on the audio better. 

Thank you for the link, I will look close at it..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Thank you LE JAG, To be honest I've got so use to hunt without visibility it just comes natural. I would say of the 5 hours I hunted................ I hunted with my eyes closed 3 hours or more. I find I have less distractions and can focus on the audio better. 

Thank you for the link, I will look close at it..

I do want to believe you
last year I ran into a blind guy (completely)
who was prospecting, on a beach !!  
he had an equinox

he comes with a friend of his
it starts at the end of the beach and it draws lines by itself

it was incredible, and he finds his targets much faster than us ...
the day I saw him, he found his first gold ring
it had started / detection 4/5 months earlier

and I'm sure it will become very good
to tell the difference between metals / just by ear

• Like 6

Wow Joe,

You're knocking it out of the park again . . . . .  Glad you're finding and posting all this stuff because my water hunting is all iced over.   Might have to get creative with my efforts or give in and go on a roadtrip.  

Rich -

• Like 1

Chilly at the crack of dawn but had a nice Lowtide, found in about 5 foot of water. 13.25 gram 10k Gold Class ring..1965....Airtemp 26 water temp 40....... 23 MPH winds

21cc.jpg

21ddd.jpg

21w.jpg

• Like 3

Great finds Joe! I'm always amazed at how much gold is lost out there. Sure do love the old stuff!

• Like 1

What's your competition like, with that chilly water and air temps?  Can't be too many souls willing to do what you do!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

What's your competition like, with that chilly water and air temps?  Can't be too many souls willing to do what you do!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

It took me a few years to get my gear right for hunting these conditions, but as it stands I have no competition from Dec to about mid May. I did guide my one hunting partner thru all of the stuff needed but since I've gone solo I never see him. I will start seeing a few hunters in June, many in July, Aug, Sept...but then it starts to thin out. ..Also most of the beach's here are Private so that makes it tough for everyone to get into them, but I've set myself up with water transport...jetski and boat.

• Like 3