Equinox 800 - Forest Settings

Pavlos97

Hi everyone,

I want make me sure if my program on my Detector is properly set or..
I own Equinox for 4 weeks and walked lot of km with it (90% of time on field). But I am still little confused about my settings to forest. I tryied with settings: field 1, 5 tone, disc -9 to 0, Rs 4 and iron bias 2. Our woods is pretty clear, so I can get more depth. (I am coin hunter)

What I read or what I heard is that park 2 is more to depth than field 1..
But park 2 is more for dirty locations..

I'm from central Europe and local old silver coins are differently conductive because of their age and and size.

what would you recommend? Park or field settings?

I'm still trying to understand it and I'm still learning. I will be glad for your advice, I have not read anything about the forest anywhere in the topic.

PS: sorry for my english I'm not native speaker 

Thank you

• Like 1

I walk woods as well, along with fields and use primarily Park 2. Have never been fan of Field 2, it seems to be quite chatty and does not feel deep, perhaps aimed more for smaller shallower stuff? Then modes Park 1 and Field 1 I use for target checking. Recently started using Gold 2 for checking as well, it seems to ID iffy targets a little stronger than any other mode.

I always run All Metal on, especially in the woods. If area is fairly clean from iron, finding a ferrous object may be a piece of meteorite (you never know). I'd recommend to not through away small ferrous objects at the spot, especially if they feel very heavy.

Iron Bias helps to separate ferrous object better, but it in clean forests it may be not a concern, hence I would set it to 0. You can also try recovery speeds 2-3 to get deeper. If ground is clean, there is no need to have high separation.

Run sensitivity as high as environment allows.

Some trees have little fallout during the year, hence older objects may still be shallow.

Pair of garden snips will help you with digging though roots and clearing dense areas.

Hope some if this helps...

One thing also to mention, if places that you explore were part of WW2, pay some caution. Nox can pick up large objects from immense depths. When you have a hole 30cm deep and no target yet in sight, know it will be big, and certainly not a coin! Just recently I dug out an aluminum kettle from 70cm deep and it sounded as it was on a surface 🙂

• Like 5

Park 2 is somewhat sharper, a deeper program than Park1 ... and you can also lower your recovery speed to 3 .... and when looking for signal and slow coil movement to recovery speed 2- especially if you have a slightly mineralized and dry forest Terain..
   On very wet terrain, you can still compare Park1 and Park2 on some deep signal - and see which program gives you a better response as well as a more accurate ID ...

Both programs are sensitive enough to the low conductive 0.5 gram coins like Denar, Parvus .... also to medium conductive silver coins - for example Prazsky gros, as well as to high conductive silver coins ..
But the Park2, Field2 .. programs still have the advantage of very small items.

I use mostly Park2 or Park1 program .. I like shorter and sharper tones ..

• Like 3

3 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

Park 2 is somewhat sharper, a deeper program than Park1 ... and you can also lower your recovery speed to 3 .... and when looking for signal and slow coil movement to recovery speed 2- especially if you have a slightly mineralized and dry forest Terain..
   On very wet terrain, you can still compare Park1 and Park2 on some deep signal - and see which program gives you a better response as well as a more accurate ID ...

Both programs are sensitive enough to the low conductive 0.5 gram coins like Denar, Parvus .... also to medium conductive silver coins - for example Prazsky gros, as well as to high conductive silver coins ..
But the Park2, Field2 .. programs still have the advantage of very small items.

I use mostly Park2 or Park1 program .. I like shorter and sharper tones ..

3 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

I think pražský groš take park 2 better than field, but I have not had a chance to try it.

Since I have the new update installed on my unit it seems to be giving me better targets along the fields and into the wooded areas that I have been in.

Make sure that you get the update and then learn your unit from there.

Park2 and field 2 would be the best to use for your answer.

• Like 1